• Register Today It's free!

noise rt front side of engine

rocket10

Reaction score
City, State
DRYDEN ONTARIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 explorer sport trac
my 2010 sport trac 4.0 litre has a ticking sound coming from front rt side of engine, only ticks when very cold lasts about couple of minutes, if block heater plugged in mite not tick or only lasts a few seconds, dealer has replaced tensioner, not problem.??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like the dreaded exhaust manifold leak, I have the 4.6 v8 but it did the same thing and made that noise at startup then went away once the engine warmed up

The studs do break on the V6, I pulled the manifold off my 07 while the engine is currently out to do the timing chains cassettes that were supposedly fixed in 02 but weren't. it was the driver side stud, all the way at the back on mine.

:scratch:
The studs do break on the V6, I pulled the manifold off my 07 while the engine is currently out to do the timing chains cassettes that were supposedly fixed in 02 but weren't. it was the driver side stud, all the way at the back on mine.

The timing chain cassettes in your 2007 were supposedly fixed in 2002???

The timing chain cassettes in your 2007 were supposedly fixed in 2002???

Nope, the issues with the cassettes were supposedly taken care of by a redesign in 2002. It didn't work.

my 2010 sport trac 4.0 litre has a ticking sound coming from front rt side of engine, only ticks when very cold lasts about couple of minutes, if block heater plugged in mite not tick or only lasts a few seconds, dealer has replaced tensioner, not problem.??

thnks have a appointment at dealer, still under p.t. warranty.

took it in to dealer it was about o F would not make noise, i have checked the studs on rt manifold, very rusty but all are there????

Back