• Register Today It's free!

Nokia Lumia 900 paired w/MFT????

nick75035

Reaction score
City, State
DFW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT, 202A,
Has anyone tried pairing one of the new Nokia Windows based phones with the MFT?

The new Windows phone platform is pretty slick and Im thinking of making the jump. However, one of my main concerns is the compatibility with the Ex and MFT. Since both are Windows products, I am guessing they will work just fine but I would like to be sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I have seen, Windows phones and MFT play nice :)

The Nokia looks like a really sharp phone!

Got a Lumia 900 loaner from ATT last week (through work)... I moved my SIM to it this weekend and paired with the MFT, no issues. Noticed it supports Bluetooth MAP so I can send the canned text messages with SYNC, but even better Windows Phone automatically prompts to read incoming messages and allows voice transcribing of outbound text messages... works great for me. Phonebook download with contact pictures worked good. I needed to change my data plan to test Wi-Fi sharing so I haven't tested this yet.

I only connect the Lumia via BT no USB... I charge it via a adapter plug in the center console. Seems to make things simpler to not have both USB and BT connected to the same device.

I don't do BT streaming of audio, I have a NANO connected via USB for that.

I had a Focus S and had been using it since picking up the EX about 3 weeks ago, with no issues.. the WP text messaging transcription is awesome and works without the MAP support.

So far my opinion is Windows Phone and SYNC play very well together.

Thanks for the report Onaropus :)

UPDATE:

Tried to hook up the Lumia via USB and it would not reconize it (inompatible device error)... not a big deal for me since I only conect over BT. Also its a no go on the Internet access via the device using the sync WiFi AP. The Lumia can be a hotspot so not much lost... I'm guessing the carrier is blocking this somehow to make sure you have purchased a tethering dataplan.

Strange that it wouldn't recognize it as a device.

If you would, could you please post your experience with the Nokia in THIS thread? Thanks. I am trying to get as many phones listed as possible, but interest has been a little weak so far, lol :)

Thanks for the info. Now I will be switching to Windows phone.

Back