Non-removable clutch release bearing??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Non-removable clutch release bearing???

BigDakota

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer SportTrac
I am in the middle of replacing my clutch and noticed the slave cylinder has been replaced by an I.M.C. brand..#DB07RN602A...The release bearing went bad..thus the clutch change :rolleyes: ..I cannot pull the old bearing off..there is a molded plastic ring on the end that will not allow the bearing to slide off..The bearing on it is different compared to the one that came with the LuK clutch pack....The molded ring is a part of the Hydrolic cylinder assembly......( the old clutch setup is a LuK also)

Are there brands of slave cylinders that have to be replaced totally because of the non removable release bearings......I have no clue of what to do next with my current setup????

I have a new slave cylinder purchased at the Ford dealership...but was hoping to use the current setup!!

I'm stupid :banghead: ...I got it all figured out...What I thought was plastic was blue steel....the retaining clip. :rolleyes: ...I would like to kick my own AZZ sometimes.!!! :D

Back