Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Just testing the water to see if anyone is interested in having an off road run on Labor Day weekend up in our neck of the woods. I'm thinking Sunday Sept.5, Monday Sept.6? There are all kinds of trails in Luzerne county, from mild stocker roads with great mountain views to hardcore stuff (think Paragon reds & blacks). Contact me for more information, as some of the places we're going to visit are best not being advertised ;)

Also, there are two options for lodging: camping and our house. We'll be having a BBQ Sunday night, all are welcome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm out I'll be in Wyoming.

Cool :cool: I'm pretty sure Five will be down for it as well, plus I have a coworker with a BII on 35's & double lincoln locked coming with so far.

I have a stock '00 Eddie I would like to take off-road. I'm sure I'm free the 5th and 6th. I haven't taken my Ex off-road since I got it but I'm looking for a time to go. If you wouldn't mind having me tag along let me know. Thanks.

I might be game depending on how far away from DC/NOVA it is, and if my stock '99 Eddie would be able to handle it, lol. I'm new to the forum but I'm trying to get out and find some trails to hit. Who knows, maybe my buddy with a Jeep could tag along!

I might be game depending on how far away from DC/NOVA it is.

N38,it is about 4-5 hours give or take for you. (quick google map estimation) I don't know if you wanna drive all that way using up fuel then going out on trails using more fuel then driving 4-5 hours back again. It sounds like it would be a two day event which would be awesome. So that might justify coming up our way. Its only about an hour an a half from where I live so I have no problem driving. I'll just bring some extra fuel cans along so I don't run out to or fro.

N38,it is about 4-5 hours give or take for you. (quick google map estimation) I don't know if you wanna drive all that way using up fuel then going out on trails using more fuel then driving 4-5 hours back again. It sounds like it would be a two day event which would be awesome. So that might justify coming up our way. Its only about an hour an a half from where I live so I have no problem driving. I'll just bring some extra fuel cans along so I don't run out to or fro.

Dang, that's a heckuva trip. Yeah, making it a 2-day trip would be the only way to swing it, but of course that makes it much more difficult to sell to the pregnant wife :p:

Yea. That would be a little hard. The best you could do is ask at least. Or you could just start driving and half way give here a call. Lol.

Hey there everyone.
Just seeing if people are still up for this trip. As of right now I'm still in.
It sounds like it will be a fun weekend, so i hope we still have it.

Thanks,
Nosveten

Zap, we're working on getting a friend in McAdoo to let us park trailer on his property... it's right across the street from the trails we want to hit, so Haze wouldn't have to go far (literally just roll across the road, lol). The legality of a truck is not the problem so much as where to put Jake and the trailer. Do you still have a tag for Haze?

I'm bring my stocker just to let everyone know. I'm trying to lift it but the leafs I got to upgrade turned out to be busted so I don't know if I'll get it lifted in time.

Nope dropped the tags almost 2 years ago. Dont work to hard on it. Not ever sure if the shoulder will let me load up by then.

i might be able to on sunday but i work monday so it'll be questionable unless i take a vaca. day =o so if it gets to be enough people on monday too I'm game for a 2 day trip, hell I'll head up saturday and crash in the truck if i hafta.

The game plan for now still calls for 2 days of wheeling :) Zap, we have trailer parking covered if your shoulder is feeling up to the job.

Where are we meeting up at? Are we going to you house first, Spas, then out on the trails? Or are we gathering out at the trails, then heading back the your house for BBQ?

It depends on what time you get up this way. Here's our current game plan:

Saturday night: goofing off, Chinese buffet for dinner, probably some night wheeling

Sunday morning: Breakfast, meet at Turkey Hill gas station on the outskirts of Humboldt Industrial park around 10ish, wheel all day, head back to our house in Freeland around 4-5pm for BBQ dinner and camping gear, then out to a local washout/overlook to camp for the evening.

Monday morning: Pack up the tents, do some local Freeland scenic trail riding down to Beech Mountain Lake and the surrounding areas.

Hopefully no one breaks anything, but between Chris and I we have enough spare parts to literally build an Explorer from scratch, plus all the tools you'd possibly need. The game plan is subject to change depending on weather... right now I'm keeping a wary eye on the tropical storm heading this way. At worst case scenario, we can squeeze everyone into the house. Nosveten, I'll PM you our address and phone numbers so you can better plan your trip. Zapper, have you decided if your shoulder can handle a day of wheeling yet?

Our camping spot has some amazing views, btw ;)

0920081925a_Small_.jpg

0920081510a_Small_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, very cool. Depending on when I get back from the Penn State game I might make it Saturday night. The game is at 12 noon. If not I'll meet everyone for breakfast on Sunday then.

That would be good to get your address. I'll plan everything out once I get the info.

Thanks.

It depends on what time you get up this way. Here's our current game plan:

Saturday night: goofing off, Chinese buffet for dinner, probably some night wheeling

Sunday morning: Breakfast, meet at Turkey Hill gas station on the outskirts of Humboldt Industrial park around 10ish, wheel all day, head back to our house in Freeland around 4-5pm for BBQ dinner and camping gear, then out to a local washout/overlook to camp for the evening.

Monday morning: Pack up the tents, do some local Freeland scenic trail riding down to Beech Mountain Lake and the surrounding areas.

Hopefully no one breaks anything, but between Chris and I we have enough spare parts to literally build an Explorer from scratch, plus all the tools you'd possibly need. The game plan is subject to change depending on weather... right now I'm keeping a wary eye on the tropical storm heading this way. At worst case scenario, we can squeeze everyone into the house. Nosveten, I'll PM you our address and phone numbers so you can better plan your trip. Zapper, have you decided if your shoulder can handle a day of wheeling yet?

Back