North-Western Explorer Club Group | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

North-Western Explorer Club Group

I'm ready for some camping!

How about Tahuya Jan 24-25-26 (unless weather is truly atrocious)

BBQ and campfire :thumbsup:

Currently I'm planning our wedding reception for the same weekend so one of those days would be taken. But I'd be more than happy to take the day that is free and meet up for a day of wheeling :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just checking in here, been gone awhile. Had to resign up for the forums. Have wheeled with some guys from here previously. Done a bit of work to my 'lil '85 B2 since then. Am ready to go wheeling now. :burnout:

I didn`t know this forum was here . Good to see there are local users. I just took my 01 ex sport for it`s first off road adventure on Memorial Day weekend to Liberty to do trails and roads . I`ve been running a 91 cherokee for 11 years so I made a change and I was impressed . I think my Jeep club was too.

Yep, I signed up to the group and I discovered that my 01 ex-spt isn`t a stranger to this site it`s previous owner [ flyinv55 ] is who I bought it from Jan 2015 .

Is this group still active at all?:dead:

Yep, like Howard said.
Next run in 2 weeks at Tahuya State Forest by Belfair. There is a good thread about it called March Madness

I always wanted to get out with some other explorers. Anybody got some plans to get away from the pavement?

Its getting time for something. Snow run or Tahuya?

maybe the first part of December

I have enough junk bolted to my rig to get me in some good trouble. And maybe enough junk to get me out. not sure if i can float on snow very well but i do have a locker and good tires to plow through. Also never been over to tahuya. spent most of my time wrecking my old ex at Evans Creek.

Most of the snow we've gotten in the last couple weeks just melted but I will know more on Saturday. Headed up towards Lonesome Lake with a group of Overlanders. They have a Christmas tree run in the same area next weekend so the soonest I would go to Tahuya would be the weekend of the 9th.

What say the 'Usual Suspects'? Kevin, Joe, Rick, Dwight, Mike, John K, Jon D (I can txt a few of the non Ford drivers if this sounds like a plan)

Oh, Howard is,,,, where the hell is Howard? I think he is lost somewhere in Alabama!

Yes I would like to do something, I think I can pull off a day trip.
I have started to look for a larger motorhome with a slide or 2, my clan is getting big

Should I be planning for an overnight or do you guys just plan on this as your vacation time? I'm not opposed to a good winter campout, I've got stuff for that.

When we have overnight outings most of us have motor homes,truck camper or camp trailers. We still build the camp fire and put up EZ ups etc...

Day trips we usually meet around 8 to 9.

I am still working on the logistics of getting the trip signed offed by the wife

The weather will determine if i'm camping or just a day trip.

looks like 50% rain mid 30's to mid 40's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back