Northern California/Hwy 4/Deer Valley | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Northern California/Hwy 4/Deer Valley

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Anyone interested in visiting Deer Valley/Slickrock/Hwy 4 area on the 4th of July weekend for one day? (ie, Saturday..)

I know of a few trails up there, and I've been wanting to do the Deer Valley (Hwy-4 to Hwy 88) trail. Should be open by then. I also know of a few other easy trails up there.

Sorry, 4x4's only, no 2wd vehicles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Possibly. I may be running the Rubicon but that isn't 100% yet. Deer Valley is a fun trail.

:bounce: sounds like i can make that one with ya tom,i get the ex fixed this week and will start driving it after about 3months sitting.i think tandy will enjoy it two! talk to ya soon

Where ya at Tom? Where ya at?

Positive Vibes said:
Where ya at Tom? Where ya at?

I have been working on the zuk, fixing the power steering leak and mucking with springs. The dealership was a no go on the bad seal, auto parts stores also a no go on the seal.. Finally got one from a bearing shop in Emeryville, but I think it's too big in the shaft area, and I will have to replace it.

I am also headed up to the Rubicon on Friday for a Suzuki run, so I'll be out of touch also.

After running the Rubicon last weekend (with a bunch of Samurai's).. I will have the zuk in pieces in the garage for the next few weeks. Yup, I broke a few things I need to fix first (ie, spring pin bolts, broke the welds for the power steering box sleeves).

lets go sat the 3rd

IM in on saturday, whos going for sure, positive vibes, kiadog,and tom?

I could proably get a nissan frontier 4wd pickup to join us if its ok with everyone.

-joshua

hey tom,just bring the f250 out we dont have to bash around,lets just explore whats out there...what? no im not crazy! i,ll call you later lol. :smoke:

So is anybody going up this weekend? Whats the skinny?

Sorry, but the F250 stays on the road. It has no skid plates or offroad stickers to protect the body.

I'm in ride-a-long mode for this one folks.

Goliath, it's not a problem - he's got 4 wheel drive, he's fine.

The trails I know of up there are Slick Rock, Deer Valley, and Corral Hollow ; Corral Hollow is almost like a fire road (just rougher)

The trails are listed here

Deer Valley is a fun trail! Whats everyone else think?

Positive Vibes said:
Deer Valley is a fun trail! Whats everyone else think?

I've been wanting to do it for years.

lets do deer valley saturday positive vibes, i am so ready for another wheeling trip. living in the bay area sucks. the only wheeling i get to do is on top of ricers on interstate 680 :)

tdavis, you can ride with me if you want to, i understand about the f250, it wouldnt be wheeling, it would be trail widening with it out there!!

-joshua

goliath said:
lets do deer valley saturday positive vibes, i am so ready for another wheeling trip. living in the bay area sucks. the only wheeling i get to do is on top of ricers on interstate 680 :)

IF we go are people planning on camping or doing a day trip?????

thats a really good question? i was planning a day trip, but i could be convinced to camp if everyone wants to. i was just hesitant to be wheeling on the 4th, i herd all the village idiots come out then.

-joshua

It would be a day trip only for me. It will be busy up there, but hopefully not super crowded.

Its settled then. Day trip on the deer valley trail from hwy4 to hwy 88 (south to north.)

Tom, where do you want to meet at. I will be coming from yuba city sat morning. Just name the place for us to join up and wheeling it it on sat! :)

-joshua

Damn, I know this isn't going to go over good.. but I'm going to skip this. I need to do lots of work around here the next few weeks, and on the Zuk.

How about a reschedule for early august?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well guys after all of this talk with a broken tom and 4th traffic on trails im out this weekend ,but yeah tom, aug sounds a little more doable :bounce: i want to do these trails so bad but i can wait.if you guys go up please scout some trails and if you want to do an aug trip then maybe you can give some heads up on whats there.have fun hope we can make another one for aug. :burnout: seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Back