Northern colorado trail run, Kelly Flatts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Northern colorado trail run, Kelly Flatts

nssj2

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for some people to do a run with, May 3rd, to kelly flatts. I figure it will be nice to get out before finals, and it should be awesome weather that time of year. maybe kick back and bbq up top. trail isn't that hard, but has some fun obsticles. it also has some places for a serious crawler. http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=37

We're meeting at the safeway on mullberry and college at 10am saturday may 3rd. everyone is welcome to camp!

EDIT::: WHO ALL IS GOING FOR SURE
Whos going from here:
Me+girl, probably end up camping
Friend with his ride
Hokie-riding
wakesk8er
flybycoe
sparkyXplorer

from rmftc:
bronc_17113
1_EYE

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no kiddin, thats sad. people make some bad decisions. on a happier note, theres some interest from rmftc and possibly some camping. and i know for a fact there are more people who four wheel up here besides you brett. ever get any of those dents pulled?

MMMM May 3 would be a good shake down run for the moab trip later in the month. Plus it is close.

Tim

sweet! well heres a rundown of what its looking like. wheel the 3rd, grill it up, then possibly camp up there. got about 8 or so going so it should be a good group! im thinkin to meet at the safeway off mullberry and college at around 10. the rmftc thread is here http://www.rmftc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4819.

I posted on RMFTC but I am most likely in as of now...

Most likely down for camping if I went but not garenteed...
On off note....Went camping last night up buckhorn pass, past masonville and there was a bit of snow on the ground....friends are always jealous of my being able to sleep in my car and I dont have to setup much....love the Explorer between when we went to sleep around 2 or so and when I woke up at like 8:30 or so it dropped about 8-10 inches of powder...Everything handled pretty well

Just saw this thread and checked the ole schedule. I'm in! I agree with Tim on a shakedown run for MOAB. Camping is a maybe, but I'll def come wheel for the day at least.

If you guys pick a different weekend i could go but as of may 3rd i am busy

i think the 3rd is what seems to work best for everyone so far, same on rmftc. ill be doing a lot of runs this summer so if you cant make this one, there will def. be more trips!

i think the 3rd is what seems to work best for everyone so far, same on rmftc. ill be doing a lot of runs this summer so if you cant make this one, there will def. be more trips!
Yea thats fine but if the date changes for this run i am 99% sure i can go but yea when it gets into summertime i will be able to make some runs

I'm a maybe for this run.

I may be able to make this run. My explorer has been on the road for about 5 months. I have been wanting to take it off roading. Has anyone been on this trail? Would it be doable with a stock Gen1 Explorer?

i havent taken it, but supposedly the bypasses can be done in a stocker. im going to try to make it up there this week and see what its like.

k let me know. I have the off roading bug. When were u going to try to go this week? maybe I can join you and just see.

alright, so just seeing whos going for sure? ill put a roster up since there are 2 forums going hopefully.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^woah man, what happened?

Back