Not able to change Ambient lighting... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not able to change Ambient lighting...

DHollins76

Reaction score
City, State
EMPORIA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer Limite
Hi... I have a 2012 Ford explorer limited which I purchased about a month ago. I'm still finding and figuring things out but I had a question about the ambient lighting. I have the Sync with My Ford Touch but there isn't an option in the settings to change the ambient lights so I guess my question is does the 2012 year not come with the ability to change the colors or is my sync unit not working properly? It says it's no version 3.10 but I've also noticed the treble bass and midrange indicator lines when pushed don't show up and my backup camera works when it wants too... Does anyone have any suggestions on this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the ambient lighting work? The default color is a blue/teal color. Cup holders, door handles should illuminate when the headlights are on / doors open.

My 2011 Limited had ambient lighting and I was able to select different colours using the settings on the MFT screen. What colour, if any, do you have showing now?

Peter

Does the ambient lighting work? The default color is a blue/teal color. Cup holders, door handles should illuminate when the headlights are on / doors open.
Yes the ambient lighting works. It is the ice blue/light blue color, however I do not have an ambient light setting on the MFT screen to change it so I was wondering do I need to get the MFT screen reset at the dealership beaches other display settings aren't working (mainly volume control treble, bass, midrange I dictators not showing up when pressed)

My 2011 Limited had ambient lighting and I was able to select different colours using the settings on the MFT screen. What colour, if any, do you have showing now?

Peter
Mines is showing the ice blue) light blue colors when the lights are turned on. However there is no setting to change it on MFT screen anywhere so I was wondering if I need to take it to the dealership and have them reset it as the volume, treble, bass and midrange indicator lights on the display aren't working/showing either

Mines is showing the ice blue) light blue colors when the lights are turned on. However there is no setting to change it on MFT screen anywhere so I was wondering if I need to take it to the dealership and have them reset it as the volume, treble, bass and midrange indicator lights on the display aren't working/showing either
That is the default colour. I don't believe it necessarily means that you have the Ambient Lighting feature.

Peter

The other features you described as missing would also only be visible if you have the Sony stereo system.

My vehicle did come with the Sony 10 speaker setup

Back