Not really an Explorer question but... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not really an Explorer question but...

ions

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, MD / Annapolis , MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport Trac
Anyone heard of IMCO Mufflers? I wanna get an exhaust for my S/C Nissian and don't feel like forking out another $70+ for a dual flowmaster and the shop has a IMCO one chamber 3"/2 2.5" muffler for only $38 but i have never heard of this brand but they did have a 2005 mustang v8 with this muffler on it and it sounded pretty bad ass (even tho my 3.3L S/C won't sound nearly as nice) and was just wondering cause $38 is pretty good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one? i guess i'll go ahead and get it then and post some sound clips.

i have never heard of that brand... and i have seen a lot of mufflers in my mechanical lifetime

Never heard of it either, but I'm guessing it's just a knockoff of a bigger brand, like Ravin is to Flowmaster or Magnaflow or whichever brand.

Yeah, bigger V8's make most any muffler sound good. But hell, for $38, just go for it. If you don't like it, no big deal. Toss it and get something else.

This is true thanks.

Well i called today about the muffler and setting up an install date for them when I can drop the truck off for the day and they asked if I wanted the 3"/duel 2.5 or the 2.5"/duel 2.25 the 2.5/d2.25 is only 30$ and the 3/d2.5 is 38$ they said my stock piping is 2.5 from the factory and it would be better for me to get that setup which should i go with? this is a supercharged truck but is also only a 3.3L.

I'd go with 2.5. That S/C needs to breathe. By the way, that engine is going to sound pretty much nasty with any aftermarket exhaust change. My buddy has an Xterra with the 3.3, and put on a cutout like mine after his cats. It sounds like an ricer on steroids. He runs a Magnaflow muffler also and you can barely tell the difference over the stock. That muffler may work out well for you though.

2.5 in or duel 2.5? was his S/C also? I don't want it too sound ricey :( but I guess its a nissan and will sound ricey and there is no way to stop it.

Dual outlet 2.5? I don't think duals are necessary. Just do a single 2.5/2.5 I guess. His was not S/C, and it just sounded bad cause there was no muffler. I think a free flowing muffler will sound good.

Is there a difference between one chamber mufflers and a normal muffler? these are one chamber mufflers.

One chamber mufflers will be a lot less restrictive and much louder than a 2 or 3 chamber. Flowmaster 40's are 2 chamber and 50's are 3 chamber. The 40's are much louder than the 50's.

Awesome thanks for all the help j602.

Back