not really audio, ... HELP NEEDED ANYWAY! :) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

not really audio, ... HELP NEEDED ANYWAY! :)

Kirk_Dunkley

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary Alberta Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer sport
Hey there everyone, I have a ford explorer sport- a 94, the details are in my sig. Anyhow it is a 5 speed manual, and my clutch just burned out. The guy who owned it befor me said that he put a new clutch in, but man it didnt last long. I dont ride the clutch or anything when I drive. What makes it seem really strange is that when I was just driving along, with a clutch, I went to shift gears, and the clutch pedal was real easy to push, then after that it wouldnt shift at all! sucky - so anyone know of a good aftermarket clutch that would be tougher then the original, good for some wheeling ? I have been wanting to upgrade anyways thanks in advance, your help is appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am moving this to the proper forum.

I will answer your Question too... It soulds to me it is not Your Clutch but the clutch Master cylinder. I had the same problem. And it happen with out warning. It bolts to the Fire wall and goes throught to the Slave cylinder inside the bellhousing.

hey Kris- thanks for the help, just wondering, where did you move the post to? I didnt know where I should put it. Also, just wondering, there was a really weird smeel comming from my truck, like burning a burning clutch. Does that have anything to do with the problem?? I know I was not riding the clutch at all.

Kirk... your sig has a limmit to 5 lins i think... you should change it before rick see's it cause he will delete it..

I moved it to the General Explorations Forum. I use to get aburning clutch smell with my Old clutch it was a cheapy. I now have a centerforce clutch and I dont get the smelly clutch anymore. The master cylinder could cause the clutch to burn cause it is not releasing the Clutch disc all the way making it slip.

Back