Not running right. Need help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not running right. Need help

stepj19

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ironman 6" Lift
I have a 2007 ford explorer 4.0 that was recently in an accident. I had it repaired at ford and got it back. Now come the problem. I stop and start the engine alot with my job. If I stop at walmart and come back out and start it it starts missing really bad. The tack pivots from about 300 rpm to a thousand. And it has died once doing this. The problem is that it doesn't allways do it and of corse it does it all day and as soon as I pull into the dealership it stops. And they act like they don't believe me. It did do this the day after I got it back and they found that they had left the air cleaner lid off and said they cleaned the throttle body and replaced a sensor just to be on the safe side. It did fine for about a week then It started again. I mean I never think I'm gonna be stranded but it's annoying when all ur buddies ask why ur truck is tryig to dye. I replace the plugs and fuel filter and it still does it. Any help would be great. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe the reset switch for the fuel tank was damaged when it was hit ?

Yea

How would I check that? Its just weird because it will run fine for 2 days and then run bad for a day Ive tried injector cleaner plugs cleaned everything. No help

And on the days it runs rough u can feel a little miss even setting at a stop light

Recently mine started running rough (occasionally) while driving. Then I come to a stop and the idle is rough too. After a few minutes it starts running normally. No CEL.

Any solution to your problem?

Ideas from anyone?

Back