• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

NOTE: Aluminum tall valve covers do not work...

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
...with my headers. :(

I picked up a set of aluminum valve covers that tmsoko had laying around his garage. I knew in order to get them to fit I would need to massage them around the alternator area. Well, I didn't even get that far.

Just from looking at my setup, I could tell the passenger side wasn't going to fit because of the EGR bung on my headers. But, I figured that could be removed and sealed up if necessary. The driver's side looked like it had a decent chance of working (and this is my problematic side with the rockers vs valve cover contact).. so I tore the motor down and removed the one side.

Well.. lets just say that I could reroute my fuel lines (problem #1) and the fat AC line that runs across the front of the motor (problem #2)... the valve cover would still contact the headers on that side. :(

Some pics:

Attachments

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
pardon the messy engine bay.

That is pretty much it. I just wanted to post in the Need For Speed forum. :p

Attachments

boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
WEll I have the 1'' spacer, Removed EGR and FMS headers... What are my chances?

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Well if you can get past the AC and the fuel line (both would be fairly easy), the FMS headers don't really rise above the exhaust ports on the head much. So you should be okay there. The next thing would be the heater box dealio. In picture #3. It would be closer to the valve cover without a body lift. I think the best thing to do would be to look at your motor and see if you could have taller covers. :confused: :p

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
Just by eyeballing it, there is no way for them to clear the heater box without a bodylift.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
james t said:
Just by eyeballing it, there is no way for them to clear the heater box without a bodylift.
When I take my body lift out in the next couple months.. I'm going to really look into finding a way to get make that heater box smaller.. or move it.. or totally get rid of it. :fire: It's nothin but problems! :)

ChopinOn22s said:
Nice headers, rich jerk :(
Hey.. who is the one with the charger already!? :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alec Note to nitrous users Need for Speed! 3
S Aluminum Driveshaft Need for Speed! 2