Nothing new for the 2015 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nothing new for the 2015 Explorer Limited

SteveAZ

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Lincoln Corsair
I have waited and waited for the new Explorers, hoping there would be some new technology advances and, most of all, that the Limited would have the V6 ecoboost as an option. I think this is really sad. Five years and, other than some paint changes and the lane change option, there's nothing new or advanced beyond what I already have...A 2011 with 40,000 miles.

There is so much going on in the automotive world that it seems to me Ford is dumping old designs on us as long as they can get away with it. I really wanted a new Explorer but I'm not going to dump 40K just roll my speedo back to zero.

Oh well, maybe next year.

:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it is never going to happen, otherwise what Sport trim is needed for?
People like you probably should go shopping Ford Flex which does have 3.5 Ecoboost as an option, no heated steering wheel and no lane keep assist though (maybe 15MY?)

I posted before Ford needs to offer a visibility package, a luxury package and a sport package like BMW.

What BMW also does is up the HP in general later in a model's life.

Made sense the way Ford started out wiht the base, XLT and limited - and then added the Sport like BMW does for a higher HP engine.

By this point in the model life I would have allowed sport, luxury and visibility packages across the board. Build your own vehicle exactly the way you want it. Get an Ex that looks exactly like the Sport, but without the ecoboost to save money (BMW sells a ton of cars with the sports package minus the beefed up engine because it costs less but people like the sport look) or like the above post said - be able to put an ecoboost in a Limited or an XLT or even a base. Perhaps a buyer does not go for the bells and whistles but likes power - or can only afford one and wants the HP. I think Ford could have bumped sales even more in 2015 with this strategy.

Then, when the all new Ex comes, start out with a base, XLT and Limited, two years in add a high HP sport version, and then 4 years in allow to mix and match. That's good marketing to keep people interested in an older model design.

Also say Ford should have had a basic refresh by 2015. Same body, but perhaps different lower front bumper, LEDs as fogs or integrated into the existing headlights, option for painted lower plastic body molding. Basic things like that which are not a redesign should have been done for 2015 - together with mix and match packages, would have really helped with interest in an older model.

At the same time, the 5th gen. is still selling very well, so Ford may not see the need, but you would think they would want to sell even more.

I have waited and waited for the new Explorers, hoping there would be some new technology advances and, most of all, that the Limited would have the V6 ecoboost as an option. I think this is really sad. Five years and, other than some paint changes and the lane change option, there's nothing new or advanced beyond what I already have...A 2011 with 40,000 miles.

There is so much going on in the automotive world that it seems to me Ford is dumping old designs on us as long as they can get away with it. I really wanted a new Explorer but I'm not going to dump 40K just roll my speedo back to zero.

Oh well, maybe next year.

:(
The 2016 is reportedly going to be a redesign but don't expect the V6 Ecoboost to be available in any other model. As mentioned, it is one of the things that sets the Sport apart from the others.

Peter

may be I stick with limited and swap mine 3.5N/A for 3.5l Ecoboost engine?

Back