• Register Today It's free!

nub needs some help

bbmoose

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
First off i have used the search many,many times already.BUT i am still not sure and figured its best to understand what will work the first try...

I have a 2000 xls 4.0l auto 4door 4x4 with an automatic trans.Everything is stock,and there must be to much ass thats hidden because its rear is sagging about 2" lower than the front.i want to return it t normal height (or be able to get a nice height with a spring pack and then raise the front suspention to the same height hopefully without a tt lift).
I want to install a 2" body lift and lift the whole suspention(sp) 2-3".
What kits (manufactures name would be a great help)for the body and suspention lift?
is it better to just buy new after market springs?
I do know that my rear springs have an F on the tag if that helps.
Who makes good skids for explorers?
Finally i want to install a locker(arb air locker or a detroit electric locker when avalible) on the front and then later in a yr or so add one to the rear,also does arb make front bumpers for explorers?

I hopefully plan on running 32's when both lifts are done,this should work without major trimming right?

Thanks for any and all help on the above.I figured it was best to make one post instead of many single ones.

PS the reason all of a sudden of mod fever is we just came into a little money from a relative that passed and the wife wants me to build up the explorer so we used that than modify her grand cherokee(she drives about 600miles a week for work and any mods like this would cause a big problem for her and fellow employees she takes with on trips).

I have the same problem with my 99 XLT sagging in the rear. What is the best way to bring the rear up level with the front?

Well thanks for all the help. :rolleyes:

Shackles or Add-a-leaf

Back