• Register Today It's free!

NV Ghost towns (Nye County)

modette

Reaction score
City, State
Commerce Township, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT 4x4
Can anyone tell me the road conditions or trail conditions for this area (North of Warm Springs):
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/nv/images/nyenortheast.gif

I have a leased 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 with sock tires (17" rims/tires)...soon to have a Gas tank skid plate installed plus tow hooks and a few tow straps ordered for the trip. My friend and I are meeting up in Reno and we will be down in Tonopah Sept 2nd, then probably hit the Ghost Towns on the 3rd, then off to DV and then onto Baja CA...hehehehe

Last time we did a Ghost Town trip I flew out to CA (Bay Area) and we rented a Mitsubishi Endeavor which was a nice car, ended up getting a flat in DV off roading (however it did make it up Gouler Wash)...LOL Then ended up with a Ford Minivan in Baker, CA which we used to get to Vegas where they put us in a Land Rover Discovery (the other option the rental company gave was a Ford Excuersion...lol) which then was able to handle the rest of the trip Offroading with no problems. So we are not new to this, but we are not experts either, so any advise you can give would be nice.

i can't speak to the area where your going, but have a question on where
you'll be ordering your gas tank plate from. i have a 04 eddie b. 4x4 and
can't seem to find anything online for it. dealership seems to be the only place i can find it and like usual they want an arm and a leg. any suggestions would be appricated

Back