NW crew Moab 2016 thread

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I know we have talked a little about this but it is time to start making reservations and such.
I have put in for time off for May 16 to 24 it is not approved yet and if it is I could run into troubles with a audit we will have this spring at work.
I would like to 5-7 days on the trail and have 4 days for travel time. My biggest obstacle right now is child care. The wife is wanting to come along this year so I will probably stay at the adventure inn again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally got the gears setup and air locker squared away on rear 60 just need to get new rotors and it will be ready to swap out the 9" on the Bronco.

Going to start on front 60 tomorrow should be quicker now that I know more of what I am doing.

So, which rig are you taking to Moab?

My s**t's about to get a lot more serious. Merry Christmas to me:D

My new tierod/drag links came yesterday

I'm in, or better stated: "We're" in. . . Terri and I will definitely be there for 4+ days in Moab; we'll haul the Adventure Trailer and stay at Canyonlands. Have not fleshed out the itinerary yet, but will probably book-end Moab with some National Park visits or other regional camping. . .

My s**t's about to get a lot more serious. Merry Christmas to me:D

So. . ., what's in the sleigh for you? New engine? D44 SAS? 'Nother sticker?

Paul

So. . ., what's in the sleigh for you? New engine? D44 SAS? 'Nother sticker?

Paul

It has begun,,, no turning back now:hammer::sawzall::hammer::scratch::sawzall::hammer::rant::sawzall::hammer::cool:

128 or so days to go, got a email today saying some of my parts are on back order:(,
I plan on getting the Dana 60 under the front of the bronco this weekend if my axle mount bracket come in before then.

Reservation made at Canyonlands for a small RV spot.

A month ago, there weren't any RV spots, now there seems to be some available.

I Guess Casa Verde gets to see Moab :)

Attachments

• 20160106_191710.jpg
    20160106_191710.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 261

Phil made a mistake , He sent me a link for reservations . It`s to late now You guys are stuck with me for a week .

Reservation made at Canyonlands for a small RV spot.

A month ago, there weren't any RV spots, now there seems to be some available.

I Guess Casa Verde gets to see Moab :)

What dates did you make them for? Should I bring my camper or are we doing the canopy again?

What dates did you make them for? Should I bring my camper or are we doing the canopy again?

Arrive on the 15th, depart on the 23rd.

We can discuss accommodations next weekend.

Howard, I think you have it backward, You're stuck with US for the week.

I have my reservations made for the 15th to 23rd at Canyonlands. I will bring either the truck camper or motorhome it will be a slower trip, that's probably a good thing.

I not sure if I actually arrive Sunday or Tuesday

Arrive on the 15th, depart on the 23rd.

We can discuss accommodations next weekend.

Howard, I think you have it backward, You're stuck with US for the week.
What`s up next weekend ? do you mean the 16th ?

What`s up next weekend ? do you mean the 16th ?

This weekend, Abby is in for some UP grades at Kevin's shop in Mt Vernon.

I'm sure we can convince Paul to set up a BBQ at his 'Man Cave' in Tacoma some time in March or April to make additional repairs/upgrades and plan travel.

I'm sure we can convince Paul to set up a BBQ at his 'Man Cave' in Tacoma some time in March or April to make additional repairs/upgrades and plan travel.

Wait. . . what? Oh, like this?
Man Cave RBVs 2010.jpg

Dunno, you guys really drove the property values down. . . and I'm in Tacoma!
Man Cave at Dusk 2010.jpg

Grub?
Man Cave Grub 2010.jpg

Paul
'91 Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With getting the anti wrap bar welded in I got the last big mod done tonight. Still lots of little things to do such as adding gussets to just about everything i added to the suspension and then the electrical stuff like the 2m/70 radio and ARB compressor. Finish the paint on the body and then start loading it out, which is going to be challenge as I have to have it be able to have 3 car seats. Still do not know if Mom and kids are coming So that also means i need to have the truck and camper ready and the motorhome because it will be last minute knowing who is going.

Back