NW trail run '06

jrgaylor

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 BroncoII
I was thinking of organizing a trail run for this summer, which would include running the fun trails at both Evans creek and Elbe hills. This would make it worth while for people who live some distance from here come and enjoy a weekend of offroading.
So who wants this to happen?
When would be a good time?
I would think that mid-July to mid August would be about perfect because the weather would/should be nice enough for camping outside.
To be able to run all these trails and get camping sites it would go like this
Camp at Evans creek campground Friday and Saturday night.
We could do some night runs on Friday and the more difficult trails on Saturday day then Early Sunday morning break camp(7-8 AM) and then Head for Elbe hills(about 2 hour drive) and then do the Busy wild.
For less modified rigs there is easy trails at both places
There is also camp sites at Elbe hills.

Input please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope to have the Pony done by then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If I can find a job :rolleyes:

Count me in. I should have my SAS completed and all the bugs worked out by then, I hope. :rolleyes:

Look like this may take place on labor day weekend

It is going to HAPPEN

Aug 25 Arrive at Evans creek-( I plan on arriving mid morning to lay claim to a couple of camping sites) A night run is planned.

Saturday Aug 26 run up to 20 miles of trails

Sunday Aug 27 pack up and head home

Sept. 1st - 4th I'm cleared to come up for the run! I've got a few bugs with my sas I have to get fixed, and I'd also like to get some rock sliders fabbed up and install a rear Aussie locker to help out with trying to keep up with you guys. Should be a fun time :D

Put me down for this :)

Im there Im there Im there! I got street tires tho... some aquatreds... eek!

urbanistic said:
Im there Im there Im there! I got street tires tho... some aquatreds... eek!
UMMM you're gonna want to ride with someone :D I'm not sure I would take my Limited out there except for the camping, although the last time to Reiter was a little more than I had origonally planned. Even HAD to use the winch :rolleyes:

nice, first day of school is on monday the 4th...my luck huh. Well you can count me in as a maybe.

I should be good for this one. still trying to decide what to do with my front suspension....new flexy leafs or convert to coils...

Sounds like fun, I don't know how much offroading my little explorer could do, but be willing to try my best, hang out, do the camping thing, etc... Labor Day weekend looks like it might work...

I need to update this thread.

Aug 25,26,27 at Evans creek will be the dates, Elbe was remove because , well just not enough time. and to fit in bbybrnk agenda

im out then...wont be in the west coast that time.

Y'all have fun I don't need no Eble scars when I could catch a trout instead. You especialy have fun Urbanistic :D Sorry...I gotta tease, but Phil is right you won't need to worry about your tires, you'll be riding with someone up there.

no elbe on this trip just Evans creek.

I have a wedding to go to that weekend, I'd blow it off but its mine :D

Guess it will be 2WD on the beach for me! Shovels on standby...

mysticclam said:
I have a wedding to go to that weekend, I'd blow it off but its mine :D
If there was ever one to miss ;)

Congratulations :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back