NWX March Madness March 31st Tahuya State Forest | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NWX March Madness March 31st Tahuya State Forest

Albino 94LTD

Recovering from Moab 2016
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
White 94 Limited
Callsign
KG7PKQ
Event announcement
NWX March Madness
March 31st
Tahuya State Forest area
I think camping will be at Belfair State Park (not sure yet, but probably not Camp Spillman)

This area is great for stock vehicles and those new to the world of off road travel. There are even a few sections for the serious crawler (Yellow Jacket and I forget what the other one is called)

Come one, Come All and meet the NW 'regulars'

Cheers

Edit:Belfair State Park is closed for construction. I will be taking Friday off to reserve a spot at Spillman

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can I come even if I don't have an explorer?

Holy crap! You're alive?

Absolutely!

Leave little Ryan at home though

little ryan is busy, now that he's grown up, married and has his hands full building his own home.
Might make it and bring ryan jr (rogan) though...he's 4.

I wonder if oprah will make an appearance?

Im sure Joe's kids would enjoy that!

Time to buy tabs for the motor home again, Think I will try to take a look at the locker in the rear of Bronco see why it is not staying engaged

I plan on being there, just hope for room to park trailer coming in Friday night. It gets busy at Spillman when weather descent

I have friday off and will either go out Thursday night or Friday morning

So, I would like to know what accommodations participants need.

I believe the following and please correct me or add if I missed something
Joe - Motorhome
Kevin - Camper on truck
Rick - all terrain tent trailer
Me - tent trailer
Ryan - ?? tent??? Motorhome?????
Howard - ? Day trip??
Paul - Day Trip??

Any else coming?

I'm a truck with camper & a 32' flatbed haulin' the toys, but the trailer locked up a wheel coming down the pass the other week. Now I need to replace 3 axles, tires and wheels and wont have it done by this weekend. next one though.

it is going to be just me and the boys and I never have looked at the rear locker

That should be fun.

I think i have Abby trail ready again.

Can anyone else head to Spillman early? Loke morning??

How was the trip?
Our Spring Break plans fell through and will be hitting up camp spillman this Monday through...thurs or fri?

How often do you guys go out there?
Me and the family went in late may and had a blast. Went fishing at twin lakes and tried to camp, but spillman, the horse camp, and Kammenga was booked solid. I would love to gave a gtg with some people on here and spend more time at Tahuya.

I would like to make a day trip there here sometime, I need to abuse my rear ring and pinion. Shoot I just realized this was the last time I had the Bronco out in the woods.

Snow wheeling soon. Haller Pass, Lonesome Lake :)

Anyone planning a Tahuya trip any time soon? Winter's about to be over and dnr is stocking the lakes around the area soon. Wheeling and fishing!

The weekend of March 31st. Camp and wheel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This run is still a 'GO'!

Hope to see some new folks next weekend

Back