O/D light blinking - Codes P0171, 0174, P1121, P1506 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O/D light blinking - Codes P0171, 0174, P1121, P1506

9double8

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Driving for about a hour I had my O/D off light flashing last night. Got online to check possible causes and was suggested to pull the codes.

Today I go to AutoZone, get the codes pulled and I have

P0171 & 0174 - Sytems Lean Bank 1 & 2 -- Possible suspect from what I read might be a vaccum leak or intake gaskets- I will have to check

P1121 - TPS inconsistent w/MAF - Not sure what this could be? I am guessing the reading between the MAF & TPS - I have replaced the TPS 3 times in the past? Does this just need cleaning?

P1506 - IAC Over Speed Error- I get the loud hum at time, I get the low idle also at times. I have cleaned the IAC but did not remove the black cap. Do I need a new IAC or should I try to reclean? I cleaned it with carb cleaner the last time.

So this takes me to my original problem, the blinking "O/D off" light, nothing came out with any tranny codes. I read that when it does this it will hard shift, the was hard shifting I heard was when it would downshift from 3 to 2 it seemed and I would hear a "clunk". When the light is not flashing, it shifts and downshifts just fine. I have been driving it around town and the light stays off, when I drive it for an extended period, it comes on. Why would there not be any codes stored for this?

Thanks for any help!

Anybody? Why would the O/D Off light flash and not get any trans reading?

Back