• Register Today It's free!

O/D Light Blinking-No Codes?

cougar190

Reaction score
City, State
Stamping Ground,Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002,Mountaineer,AWD
Hey folks I started a thread here-TCC Solenoid Questions concerning my wife's new 2002 Mountaineer. "TechGuru" suggested I buy a "scantool-obdlink-sx" , which I did. It told me I had a couple of O2 sensors bad, she said replace all 4 which I did. Now my CEL/MIL light isn't coming on, but my O/D light is still flashing. I have some things showing up on the Diagnostic Report that I don't understand.
Monitor Status Report

Name Continuous Available Complete

Misfire Yes Yes Yes
Fuel System Yes Yes Yes
Components Yes Yes Yes
Catalyst No Yes No
Heated Catalyst No No No
Evap System No Yes No
Secondary Air System No No No
AC Refrigerant No No No
Oxygen Sensor No Yes No
Oxygen Sensor Heater No Yes No
EGR System No Yes No

Component Id $00 TID $26 - Manufacturer Defined 0 28416 N/A Fail
Component Id $00 TID $2A - Manufacturer Defined 0 33664 N/A Fail
Component Id $00 TID $2B - Manufacturer Defined 0 35328 N/A Fail

Otherwise in the report it's just a bunch of numbers I don't understand, LOL!

Can anyone help me understand what's up?
BTW I have changed the tranny fluid with the proper Mercon-V fluid and set it at the proper level with the tool and method.

Help!

Thanks, cougar

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most scan tool don’t display trans codes. If you use the free software FORScan with an appropriate ~$20 adapter, you can see the transmission codes.

Mr. Number4; Would the "OBDLink SX" scan tool that "TechGuru" suggested be an appropriate adapter (I bought one)? I hate to sound dumb but being 57 I'm old school (give me points and a carb and I'll make it run forever). While I realize this newfangled electronic stuff is an upgrade, I'm just not up to speed with it, although I'm learning 'cause it's getting harder and harder to find the old school rides anymore ! I appreciate your time and assistance in this matter ! Thanks, cougar

I believe so. I think that’s the one I have, it has a red cable?

Yes "red cable unit". Downloaded FORScan as per your suggestion ! Have to try in a while ! Thank you ! cougar

Does anyone have any input on the "Monitor Status Report" items and the "Component ID" items listed ? Thank you in advance ! cougar

Just to remind, Check Engine Light "Not" On! Only Flashing O/D Light and tranny slipping. Ok, downloaded and ran "Forscan" Got a total of 18 codes. I'm really Not concerned about the PAM, RCM codes or the Compass (LOL) ! The codes concerning Battery voltage, B1676, B1318, are possibly due to a weak/bad battery. When left hooked up to vehicle (without battery charger hooked up) will drain down overnight, can't really afford a New battery at this time (unless Absolutely needed), I can leave charger hooked up since it's not being driven . Anybody know how much Amperage should be being drawn when vehicle is at rest/parked ?

So folks, even though they list the causes I'm really at a loss here. Like I've said I'm 'Ol School, "Give me points and a carb and I'll can make it run forever" ! So I beg of you, walk me through my problems !

8 PAM codes (Parking Aid Module)
C1710, C1709 , C1707, C1706, C1704, C1703, C1701, C1700

2 RCM (Restraint Control Module)
B1318, B2292

1 ABS
B1676 Battery Voltage out of range

5 IC (Instrument Cluster)
U1059 Transmission Position Data Invalid
U2013 Compass
B1352 Ignition key in circuit fault
B1318 Battery Voltage Low Battery voltage line - open or short Possible cause: Blown EPS (Electronic Power Steering) fuse
U1262 SCP (Standard corporate protocol) Data Link Fault

2 PCM (Power Control Module)
P0796 Pressure Control Solenoid C Performance or Stuck Off
P1000 On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Systems Readiness Test Not Complete

Again Thank You All for your time,patience and assistance !! cougar

PS: Did some Googling and couldn't find the location of my EPS fuse B1318, did I overlook something? And if my "Pressure Control Solenoid C" is bad is this "202323096656" listed on Ebay the one I need? Again Thanks in advance for your Help !!

Gotta Bump this !! Can anyone help on what I've posted ? I know it's a lot to ask and will take some effort but I don't can't throw money at this Mountaineer (money is scarce) and D*mn sure can't afford a Stealership ! Thanks, cougar

This probably isn't great advice, but years ago I had a 1995 Explorer and I had the O/D light start blinking that there were transmission codes. This was before I had access to scan tools, so I disconnected the battery for half an hour to clear the codes just to see if they would come back and they never did.

iowa; It is good advise and a place to start! Unfortunately, I'm already past that point LOL ! Wife has pulled the trigger and told me to buy the solenoid pack on Ebay "202323096656" . Hopefully this will eliminate the tranny problem. Gotta Love these Modern computerized cars !! cougar

iowa; It is good advise and a place to start! Unfortunately, I'm already past that point LOL ! Wife has pulled the trigger and told me to buy the solenoid pack on Ebay "202323096656" . Hopefully this will eliminate the tranny problem. Gotta Love these Modern computerized cars !! cougar

Just make sure it's installed via proper procedures.

Well I've downloaded a copy of your "More 5W55W/S Transmission Info Than You Ever Wanted To Know" , so if it's not there I'll just "Remove and Replace" !! I'm just an old " It's just nuts and bolts" kind of guy. cougar

Back