O/D Light | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O/D Light

Imagetaker

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer sport trac
The o/d light is not working on my 2007 sport trac. Does the light come on when you start the vehicle. The light is not working when I press the button on the shifter. It did work and show on and off while in park, but would not word while in gear. Now the light will not come on at all. Tranny seems to be shifting okay. Any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks
Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blown Bulb

Thanks Brooklyn..those are my thoughts but i am not sure if the bulb comes on when the vehicle starts? Hoping some one can check that out for me when they start their vehicle up? If it comes on at start up that would suggest that the bulb may be bad.I have had the truck for a short time and had it back to the dealer I purchased it from to replace a bulb on the tach and also one of the bulbs on the heater controls. The o/d light worked after they replaced the tach bulb. Those reading this thread if you could check that out I'd be grateful.

Thanks
Tim

ABS light does come on for an instant when my '10 STA starts, also lights up when the ignition is on but engine not started. I'd check to see if the OD is actually working by turning it off and on while driving at a constant speed. The RPMs should change to concurrently with the button push.

More likely your switch in the shiftier is buggered. I have heard of this happening. It isn't listed as a part in the explorer or the Sport trac (they want you to buy the 200 dollar shiftier assembly) but it is available on a different model and it is the same switch. There is a thread but you will have to get acquainted with the search function as it was a few years ago I read the thread.

Back