"O/O Off light"

tommyboy17

Reaction score
City, State
BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XL
Hey

I was wondering if someone could help, I bought my 1995 ford explorer used in a private sale and didnt get a manual with it. Whilst driving recently in the corner of my eye I have spotted a light/few words to the right hand side of the steering wheel that I think says 'o/o off'. It just flicks on then goes off again so i dont get the chance to look at it properly.

This morning it happened then a "check engine" light came on for 20 seconds or so. Can someone tell me what this is and what I need to do to rectify the problem? Or even just shed a little light?

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To be honest I dont know.

Its blacked out when not illuminated so I cant read it and when it comes on it only flickers so I dont get a chance to read it, and without a manual I cant look to see what is displayed on that part of the dash.

punch the button

If you punch the button on the end of the shift lever it disables overdrive and the overdrive off indicator should illuminate. That way you can tell if its the indicator you're asking about. There is a website that provides the user manual on line. Go to owner

yep- it's the O/D off light. That may help your search knowing it's O/D not O/O...

Cheers guys, much appreciated, I'm now having funny noises coming from the frontl eft so I think I need more investigation pronto.

its probably overdrive off light. from what ive heard if it flashes that could be the start of gettin a new trans.

A quick update, I took my explorer to be serviced and it was a sensor problem causing the light to come on, all sorted now though.

Back