O2 sensor question\OffRoad Y pipe for my offroad truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O2 sensor question\OffRoad Y pipe for my offroad truck

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey Guys,
As you can see in my signature, I have an off-road Y pipe installed on the Expo. The problem I have is stock there were 4 sensors needed (2 before cats, 2 after) and when I had the Y pipe made, I only made bungs for the pre-cat sensors since I had a tune and the after cat sensors were turned off.

My thing is this- I threw a high flow cat on and I need to install after-cat MIL eliminators. (I took the tune off for now) I have the resister thing needed to replicate the heater on a O2 sensor and the chip to replicate that its throwing all the right codes. I need to know what wire is which so I can solder then all on?

My only alternative is to make bungs for the after cat sensors, but I need to still trick them. What wire is the ground/power/signal/heater on the O2 sensor?

1996 O2 Wiring

I don't have the wiring diagram for a 1999, but this is what it looks like for a 1996. The 1996 only has 3 sensors which is probably the configuration you need. One in each bank before the cat and one after the cat.

orange: common sensor return (not grounded)
light blue/orange: common source from Fuse 24, interior fuse panel
red/white: HO2S1 heater control, PCM pin 93
yellow/light blue: HO2S2 heater control, PCM pin 94
white/black: HO2S3 heater control, PCM 95
gray/light blue: HO2S1 signal, PCM pin 60
red/black: HO2S2 signal, PCM pin 87
red/light green: HO2S3 signal, 35

Back