O2 sensors are off !! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O2 sensors are off !!

ahmos

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
hii,
i have an explorer 4.0L sohc and it eats a lot of gasoline, so i checked it with a scanner and found a dtc B2106 (TP) sensor high input,
the other problem is that when i tried to read O2 sensors they were off and no volts like this (0.00 volt) for all four sensors!! :scratch:
why they are off then and what to do?!
thank you all very much for your time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why nobody answers ?!!! by the way the engine temp. was 99 c

Nobody may have answered yet because you only gave people a little over an hour to reply in the middle of the night...We don't live on here 24-7.

Your sensors may be damaged. What type of fuel are you running in the truck? Leaded, Unleaded, Ethanol based?

do you have o2 codes if they read 0v?

if not, it could be the scanner cannot just read the o2's

maybe it's leaded fuel and the scanner didn't get any dtc about o2 sensors

maybe it's leaded fuel and the scanner didn't get any dtc about o2 sensors

Leaded fuel is not good for the sensors..the vehicle is designed to be run on unleaded. You can really mess up sensors, cat converters, etc. by running leaded fuel.

IF you want to get some help, you might want to expand your information as to what kind of reader you have, what "function" you were using along with what the car was doing when you were doing your "tests". I suspect "operator error" with some of your "observations". "Normal O2" readings indicate a "switching action" and NOT a "static reading"... hence my "suspicion".

Are you sure the scanner reads the sensors? If they weren't doing anything it should kick trouble codes....

I discovered that the sensors are removed and there is strange connections with the two plugs of the sensors so that the scanner won't red them and they won't emit a dtc
this car was used but i didn't ecpect that these sensors are removed that way!!
thank you all for your help

Back