OBD Codes 124,157,158,172,176,177,186,543 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

jawshoeah

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer
Hi Friends,

I'm brand new to this forum and to doing any significant maintenance myself. Please forgive my ignorance if it jumps up in the middle of a nice dinner and parades around the room yelling obscenities.
I started having power issues driving old faithful across the west. Occasionally I lost power on the interstate cruising at 70-80 mph, and would intermittently have issues with proper acceleration. Cue Check Engine light.
Just this week she started chugging at idle. I replaced the fuel filter and the air filter and cleaned the MAF sensor.
Just this morning I did that nifty trick with a paper clip to get the OBD codes and this is what I got:
111, 124, 157, 158, 172, 176, 177, 186 & 543.
All of these codes seem to point to the fuel system I've started to trouble shoot. Any one have recommendations on what to do next? Likely cause of all these codes?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

With that array of faults you have a bad PCM or some very jacked up wiring.

A large amount of fault codes that have no relation to one another generally points to a bad PCM.

OR! just a bad battery. I know "it's a new battery" " I just had autoBone test it"

GET A NEW BATTERY

Or Bad battery cables. Known to be a problem for some.

Back