• Register Today It's free!

obd1 codes 41 koeo and 77 running

donreed

Reaction score
City, State
Center Valley,. PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer AWD
I am getting OBD1 codes of Heated O2 sensor not detected, right side(41), on the koeo test and Wide open throttle not sensed during self test(77)
The O2 sensor is new and a quick visual on the wires seem fine. any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

41c - No O2 sensor switch detected. if received during KOEO then it is a continuous code.

77 - did you snap the throttle during the test??

I just checked my codes today....
I guess I am not the only one getting these codes

I only got the 77 code cause i was'nt paying attenion when it said to snap the throttle
even tho that 41 code i am still trying to figure out keep clearing it and it keeps coming back :dunno: but i think the sensor is good.

I just checked my codes today....
I guess I am not the only one getting these codes

I only got the 77 code cause i was'nt paying attenion when it said to snap the throttle
even tho that 41 code i am still trying to figure out keep clearing it and it keeps coming back :dunno: but i think the sensor is good.

is your code 41 continuous or running??

is your code 41 continuous or running??

as in the CEL always being on? no it comes intermittently but the code is always there when i download it. seems mostly it comes on when i am wheelin' the truck with long periods of idling or slow moving.

do you get the code when you do the KOEO test or the KOER test??

KOEO would be continuous, KOER would be running.

The 41 code came up on the eoko and the 77 came up on the running part of the test. I recently replaced the plugs and wires (neither looked bad) and put in Lucas fuel injector cleaner and the codes dissapeared, at least for now. If you have any other ideas let me know.
Thanks Don

Back