obsolete fuel pressure regulator 98 explorer sohc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

obsolete fuel pressure regulator 98 explorer sohc

thedude651

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explr xlt SOHC vin E
I have a 98 explorer xlt 4.0 sohc vin E. the fuel pressure regulator is shot and the part has long been discontinued. It has the steel braided hose crimped to the regulator. I am wondering if anyone has any success of finding a crossover p/n that would work. Or my second thought would be to replace the whole fuel rail that uses a regulator thats still in production. If I go that route, could I use the fuel rail from a vin X? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So after doing some research for half an hour I have pretty much come up empty handed. If you google your year with your problem there are other forums that people have posted looking for the FPR as well that have come up empty and some of those go back 5 years.

The only thing I can think of would be to get a junk yard fuel rail assembly. Car-part.com shows maaaaany 98 explorers. Only issue is unless they pull it and take a picture of everything included you may not get the regulator. Then if you do the entire fuel rail you'll need injector orings and intake gaskets.

EDIT:
After going through car-part.com a few pages there are junk yards selling the fuel rail with FPR assembly. PM me and i'll send you the junk yard that is showing the assembly.

Back