Ocean Pacific's 4x4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ocean Pacific's 4x4

may i ask where you bought those rims? i have an all black explorer and looking to keep it that way. some chrome is ok.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

may i ask where you bought those rims? i have an all black explorer and looking to keep it that way. some chrome is ok.

They're Pro Comp 8089. Picked them up on Craigslist. Wasn't planning on getting something so nice, but I couldn't pass up the deal. lol

More pics from another run King of So Cal and I did today. By far one of the best, longest, and most challenging trails we've done yet!

IMG_4460.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4465.jpg

2 Wheels!
IMG_4476.jpg

IMG_4477.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

Trails that we've traveled
IMG_4491.jpg

King climbing the hill
IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

We pretty much started past the lookout tower you can see in the upper left
IMG_4485.jpg

We should end up somewhere way down there!
IMG_4489.jpg

We eventually will make our way down the trail on the lower left
IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4495-1.jpg

IMG_4494-1.jpg

IMG_4493-1.jpg

Nice pictures, looks like ya had quite a few "wheel hang" moments.

Awesome pictures!! That is some of the best looking terrain and trails i have seen. Looks you guys had a blast!

Free-acking sweet pic's!!! Awesome.

We found a new friend! :D

IMG_4503-1.jpg

IMG_4504-1.jpg

Nice pic! I love the way that ranger is set-up! :thumbsup:

That is a nice looking truck, did you tell him/her about EF?

great pictures guys :thumbsup:

is there any vids?

i feel jealous of the good looking trucks and trail

wish there is something like it near by

great pictures guys :thumbsup:

is there any vids?

i feel jealous of the good looking trucks and trail

wish there is something like it near by

We do have a couple vids, but they are nothing special and never look as good compared to being there in person. Who knows, I may post them but later.

We're jealous of the sand dunes you have!! What an experience that would be!

Anyone In The San Bernardino mountains or surrounding IE speak up! Were really looking for more trail runners to join us!:shifty_ey

More Pics!!

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4534.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

In the next two pics I'm teeter tottering on 2 wheels. You could move from side to side in the truck to move it back and forth, made for a good laugh!
PART951310448883213.jpg

PART951310448916997.jpg

Great pics man, the trails look pretty awesome at the top of the hills...

how are those grabber At2? would you recommend them? I'm in the process of getting new "shoes" and trying to decide between BFG or these tires?

Thanks!

I would definitely recommend them! I had a similar choice when getting new tires. Either these or the BFG's. The AT2 were much cheaper and had an identical tread pattern. I really like them bc its not something everyone has. They work great off road and in the snow.

Perfect, what about the tread wear? I'm usually 80% on road and 20% off road, but trying to go more off road in the near future...

The only bad thing that I've read about at2 is the tread wear... I don't want to buy a set and have them only for a year or less...

Considering how I drive on mountain roads, do power slides in the snow, and off road every week, they've lasted very well! Hardly worn down after ~10K.

Truly too early to tell but its lookin good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow- great pics! Beautiful scenery... :thumbsup:

Back