• Register Today It's free!

OD light flashing

indybyron

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Wayne Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Eddie Bauer
Well my 255k+ eddie bauer is showing its age. The OD light started to flash a few weeks ago. It has done nothing but sat for the three weeks i have been at work. When it started to flash i had the cruise engaged and was only doing 55mph.. I didnt experience and have not experienced any hard shifting when i picked it up at the airport and drove it home, but yes the light was flashing at me. What is up with it is the trans ready to drop out ??:eek:

Well my 255k+ eddie bauer is showing its age. The OD light started to flash a few weeks ago. It has done nothing but sat for the three weeks i have been at work. When it started to flash i had the cruise engaged and was only doing 55mph.. I didnt experience and have not experienced any hard shifting when i picked it up at the airport and drove it home, but yes the light was flashing at me. What is up with it is the trans ready to drop out ??:eek:

check out other posts in this forum about auto trans probs, more info is needed, however when was the last time auto oil was changed and level checked, the correct colour is a bright red

Need trouble codes to be read, to determine why light flashing. Since everything "feels" OK with the transmission, it may be that the cause is failure of the torque converter clutch (TCC) to engage. Unless one is really perceptive, the vehicle can be driven indefinitely with the clutch inoperable.

imp

Well i took my truck to the Transmission shop today. they ran diagnostic and wham nothing came up. The mechanic reset and cleared the codes took it out and drove around and nothing came up at all. So its a wait and see now if i can get it come back up.

Back