OD off keeps flashing and service engine soon | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OD off keeps flashing and service engine soon

cob1

Reaction score
City, State
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
Can anybody give me some suggestions on what to do when your OD light is flashing and the service engine soon light comes on ? some people have said flush and unplug your battery for 5 min and it will reset, any thoughts on this?
help pls- dont want to spend a ton if i dont have to.
thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anybody give me some suggestions on what to do when your OD light is flashing and the service engine soon light comes on ? some people have said flush and unplug your battery for 5 min and it will reset, any thoughts on this?
help pls- dont want to spend a ton if i dont have to.
thx

Start saving money, quick. Impending transmission doom.

Start saving money, quick. Impending transmission doom.

I wouldnt jump so quick. Go to autozone and get the code. The will do it for free. I had a spark plug issue and it caused this to happen. Need to get the codes read first.

had it happen to me. $2500 later rebuilt transmission and havent had a problem since

OD light flashing

The manual (basic car not workshop) notes that the OD light flashes when there is a problem with the auto. It has happened to me twice. It should reset when you turn the car off, and if your licky thee might have been a bad change or slip, and it should be off when you restart. But if it come back on (flashing) your in for auto transmission problems. My first cost $1200.00 for a part repair. My second cost $3500.00 for a full rebuild. (should have done this the fiirst time.)

Take it to an auto transmission shop and they will connect the computor and give you the good news.

if it was just the od light I agree but would change the filter first before an overhaul. If you have a SE light this could cause an OD light. Atleast it did for me. Get the codes read. and get that fixed then see what the od light does.

thx guys , i will take it to autozone and get read before i do anything

if it was just the od light I agree but would change the filter first before an overhaul. If you have a SE light this could cause an OD light. Atleast it did for me. Get the codes read. and get that fixed then see what the od light does.

You know what, this might have been the answer I was looking for my vehicle! Awesome.

od light and service engine soonlight

Hi all,
went to autozone and the code P0775 came up, can anyone help?

thx,charlie

Same thing happened to my 99 XLT...when the engine was warm and running for a couple of hours, the o/d light began f'lashing...If I stopped the truck and started running again, it was in "safe mode" meaning that it was starting in second gear instead of first gear, which made the truck like it was hesitating...
Had to rebuild the tranny and buy a sensor which I don't remember which one it was...
Start saving buddy...don't let that o/d flash for too long, it may damage more than it is now...and also you may well finish stranded in the middle of nowhere...If I were you, I would not drive it like that, only to the shop...or, if you are handy, diy!;)

Hi all,
went to autozone and the code P0775 came up, can anyone help?

thx,charlie

P0775 - Pressure Control Solenoid B

Possible it's just a bad solenoid or solenoid valve. Either way, start saving money.

You can purchase and replace the solenoid pack your self but it can be a pain. Most likely that is what it is and replace the filter at the same time. It does take some time. Evan though I usually do my own work I would have a tranny shop do this. And if there is something else deeper they are still going to replace this.

You can purchase and replace the solenoid pack your self but it can be a pain. Most likely that is what it is and replace the filter at the same time. It does take some time. Evan though I usually do my own work I would have a tranny shop do this. And if there is something else deeper they are still going to replace this.

word...it can be only the solenoid...in my case, first they changed the solenoid valve, next day had to get it back to the shop and had to buy a tranny kit...hope this case is only solenoid valve :)
Money is tight right now for all of us X owners...;)

Back