Odd Fix | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odd Fix

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, I thought that was just a plug. I should see if that's still where its supposed to be.

".....it basically removes 3 degrees of advance to prevent pinging."

Thanks, I thought that was just a plug. I should see if that's still where its supposed to be.

".....it basically removes 3 degrees of advance to prevent pinging."
Dealer told me to do that, it did nothing.

Also, I ran Seafoam in the oil and my oil gauge pressure went down.

Love it when old threads get resurrected, and teach me something.

I didn't know about that Octane Shortening Bar either. I had a Pinging issue a few years back, and thought the worst. Nobody ever brought this "BAR" up as an item to check. For me, it turned out to be an old weak pump relay, starving the fuel under load. But now I know, there is something else to check!

I had pinging under load as well, but it turned out to be the intake gaskets leaking. After I replaced them it went away. I also replaced and rebuilt everything that is rebuildable during the R&R of the intakes, so it could have actually been any number of seals and O-rings, including the fuel injectors.

i will probably replace the intake gaskets as well as flushing out the injectors. i was told to use a 9 volt battery to energize the injectors. does that sound right.

Back