odd parts in transmission fluid pan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

odd parts in transmission fluid pan

madkerstbt

Reaction score
City, State
steamboat springs, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 eddie bauer explorer
hi -
Have transmission shifting problems. So changed the fluid this weekend found some metal parts in pan. Large pieces-
1-We have not remove the soleniod module yet -- but didn't think these came from there- could be wrong - but based on images have seen doing image searches on internet they don't look the same - unless internal.
thanks for your help

Attachments

• parts in transmission fluid pan.jpg
    parts in transmission fluid pan.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 334

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the parts on the left and right are the parts that hold the bans in place. i think your going to need more them just a fluid change in the next short future.

hi thanks-
I am not familiar with the term "bans" that you used can you elaborate more please

Thanks

You have a broken band, either the intermediate or overdrive. You will need a full teardown, so you are looking at a rebuild or replacement.

hi thanks-
I am not familiar with the term "bans" that you used can you elaborate more please

Thanks

what a ban dose is clamp down on another part using fluid force to lock it into a certain gear

Back