• Register Today It's free!

OEM Aux Input Harness

CzyKats44

Reaction score
City, State
Glenville, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
In the market for an Ex
2007 Ex ST with no female aux in the console.

I've been in the search and have come up with no clear and definitive answer about the OE wiring from the radio to the aux input in the console.

- Can I go to the junk yard and pull the harness then plug and play?

- Nextime someone with this harness has their console cover off can you take a pic of how the wiring is laid out?

- There are aftermarket adapters that plug in line with an off shoot bundle and a box down to a 3.5mm male plug. Are the OEM units designed like that as well? (see link)

US $32.99 |Car Stereo AUX Adapter Auxiliary Input Mp3 Interface for Ford Fusion Mustang Sport Trac (fits OEM Radio) for Ford F 150-in Car MP4 & MP5 Players from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I have an FM modulator but I prefer not to use that if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!

-Greg

Feel your pain. 07 was a different monster. It had some things 08+ didn't, but it is missing a aux u put. There is a modulator kit that can be added but an aftermarket deck is the way to go.

@Tech By Trade - Thanks for the response, I'm looking at goin aftermarket. I'd like to add things like bluetooth. I've reviewed some of your other posts about it, what I cant figure out is the CAN harness (the one that comes up is Scosche FD23B which does not tie in to the network according to their pinout). Do I use the XSVI-5521-NAV even though I dont have an OE Nav, just to tap into the CAN? The factory sub retention harness has about 5 different options, most don't correspond to 07 ST, 70-5519 to 22. The only thing I do have in the cart is the step down ADFI-5V. please advise.

(currently installed is 7A2T-18C815-AF, 6 Disc with Factory Sub and Sirius.) I have all the wiring diagrams too.

Its been a while, but if I remember correctly the nav adapter just adds outputs for the amp. It should be labeled AMP not NAV. I don't believe the others have a low level op for the amp. The can bus is only 2 serial lines, and it decodes the backup light code and give you an output, the dimmer and gives you an analog signal, and the signal that keeps the remote line supplied after the key is turned off.

Back