OEM Hard Bed Cover Replacement

JimInRadfordVA

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Radford, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I have a 2002 Sport Trac with the factory hard tonneau cover. Being handicapped, it is getting increasingly difficult to use.

Can I get some suggestions on a lightweight soft cover to replace it?

Anyone interested in my original hard cover and all the hardware? I'd like to get enough out of it to buy a soft cover.

Thanks, one and all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like my advantage hard hat tri fold cover. It looks like a vinyl cover but has aluminum sheet metal underneath to keep in more secure. Since it's an aluminum construction and has 3 sections I think it's easier to manage. You can probably find pics of it in my registry.

I like my advantage hard hat tri fold cover. It looks like a vinyl cover but has aluminum sheet metal underneath to keep in more secure. Since it's an aluminum construction and has 3 sections I think it's easier to manage. You can probably find pics of it in my registry.

Any chance I can see a picture of it? I can't find any in your post anywhere.

My most recent picture of it but I don't have any of the inside.
EC4CD8B3-1056-4C63-9EA3-6F7A0F1CA7CE_zpsfbj55hkt.jpg

My most recent picture of it but I don't have any of the inside.
EC4CD8B3-1056-4C63-9EA3-6F7A0F1CA7CE_zpsfbj55hkt.jpg

Is it still waterproof after however long you've had it? It looks like it might be bowing up in the middle? They supplied you with rails to bolt on the inside? Sorry for the list of questions but unfortunately it's things that websites that sell then won't answer for me. I'm looking to buy then soft top version
https://tonneaucoversworld.com/shop.../advantage-torza-top-tonneau-cover-22316.html

It's only $400 on other sites

Yup it's still waterproof after about 6 years of being outside 24/7 and all the crap I put my truck through. It is a little bowed but I think it's from all the frame flexing twisting the support rails and the skin underneath the vinyl.

Idon't remember mine being that expensive. Maybe like 450.

Yup it's still waterproof after about 6 years of being outside 24/7 and all the crap I put my truck through. It is a little bowed but I think it's from all the frame flexing twisting the support rails and the skin underneath the vinyl.

Idon't remember mine being that expensive. Maybe like 450.

Yea yours is $650+ now or I'd buy it. I'll get 5he soft version of it

Congrats! Yes it can be. You just have to flip the back up in order to flip the extender one way or the other.

Congrats! Yes it can be. You just have to flip the back up in order to flip the extender one way or the other.

Which holes did you use for mounting the rails? The middle of the three? Or one of the upper ones? Also, is your tailgate really tight to close?

Hmm I can't remember. Let me get some pics today and I can show you better.
But yeah the tailgate is hard to close for a little.

I have a 2002 Sport Trac with the factory hard tonneau cover. Being handicapped, it is getting increasingly difficult to use.

Anyone interested in my original hard cover and all the hardware? I'd like to get enough out of it to buy a soft cover.

Thanks, one and all.
I'm definitelyinterested but I'm in greeley, CO. I'd be willing to make the drive though if your around 2 or 300 miles away.

Thanks, one and all.
Do you have the factory hard tonneau cover? I am trying to find a piece for my lock that broke off or a replacement cover with the locks

Where did you get your lift from been looking for a good lift for my 03 sport trac for about 3 years now
It’s a custom SAS/SOA setup. If you click my SAS registry link in my signature you’ll see more info and pics on it. If you wanted a much cheaper option, click my regular registry and you’ll see pics when I had just a 5” lift and 35s.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back