OEM Headlight housings or aftermarket? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OEM Headlight housings or aftermarket?

King$nake

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer 5.0
My headlights are pretty weathered, and since I just got some new bulbs installed I am going to replace the housings.

Now, I found a complete set of everything I need: RF/LF Headlights, and RF/LF housings, all for like $80 or something. Would you guys consider this a good deal? These are new OEM headlights too

Or should I go aftermarket? Are there lights out there that you would recommend over OEM?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was always happy with those "Diamond Cut" or "Euro-Style" headlights and corners you see all over eBay. Looks much more modern than OEM and quality is decent. They don't yellow either. This was them on my old Sport:

28419celly10.jpg

I moved them over to my current ride when I traded in the Sport.

They work "OK" with HIDs if you ever go that route. Light pattern was a bit blotchy and hard to focus so I went with the projector setup I have now:

lights_front_4_EF_.jpg

This latest setup is the best lighting option I've ever used for the three 2nd gens I've owned.

what is the brand of headlights do u have, do they yellow

Back