• Register Today It's free!

OEM hood for custom project !

BAD430BENZ

Reaction score
City, State
EL PASO , TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 FORD EXPLORER SPORT
any leads on a good condition hood with no damage so I can work on my own custom hood . I bought one ( described as new condition ) and when I got it , it looked like the vehicle had rolled down Pike's Peak then landed at the bottom and Godzilla and King Kong attacked it after . of course , I got my money back but now I need to find another one . I have a guy that's going to call me back tomorrow and let me know if he's willing to ship the one he has but I am open to any other leads.....just in case :D

I would greatly appreciate any help :thumbsup:

by the way , I am not looking to pay top dollar since it's going to be cut on .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey BAD430BENZ, any progress on this projecct?

Good news at least you got your money back :) loving your truck... I'm about to pull the trigger on some HR springs can't wait

no progress on the hood yet because of this.......

http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/531492-little-help-new-jersey.html

and then this........

http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/532141-update-little-help-new-jersey.html

long story short , I got screwed over and then found a way to get my money back.....and it worked :thumbsup:

Glad to see you got ur cash back from that knob........I would have made the trip just to even the score regardless of the money.

Remember you can always bone a guy like that through Civil Courts.....once you file a Civil action against him he is compelled to court. Its a lot more work than getting a guy on a forum to drop off a note but keep it in mind as a last resort if theres a next time.

You need to out this guy so no one else gets burned.

Thats freaking awsome. Glad you got your money back. How long did the process take after seeing the note?
Sometimes you have to go through several lengths to get what you paid for, and totally agree with your statement. Not about the money, but the moral.

The guys on MBworld are awsome. I belonged to that forum when I had my c230. They tell you how it is, also full of knowledge.

Glad to see you got ur cash back from that knob........I would have made the trip just to even the score regardless of the money.

Remember you can always bone a guy like that through Civil Courts.....once you file a Civil action against him he is compelled to court. Its a lot more work than getting a guy on a forum to drop off a note but keep it in mind as a last resort if theres a next time.

You need to out this guy so no one else gets burned.
hard to out a guy that probably has nothing and is a nobody that just sells parts on the side through Craigslist .

Thats freaking awsome. Glad you got your money back. How long did the process take after seeing the note?
Sometimes you have to go through several lengths to get what you paid for, and totally agree with your statement. Not about the money, but the moral.

The guys on MBworld are awsome. I belonged to that forum when I had my c230. They tell you how it is, also full of knowledge.
after he saw the note , I received a check by mail 2 days later :D

I have been a member there for quite a while and have met some members and seen some of the nicest cars from there . unfortunately , due to El Paso being a city with only one Mercedes dealer , and the fact I don't like the dealership anymore , I will not be buying another Mercedes in my lifetime .

I personally would travel to another town/city for the vehicle I wanted. A bad dealer shouldn't keep you from getting the car you want. There are some around here that way but we are fortunate to have Hundreds of dealers within arms reach.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your plans for the hood?

I personally would travel to another town/city for the vehicle I wanted. A bad dealer shouldn't keep you from getting the car you want. There are some around here that way but we are fortunate to have Hundreds of dealers within arms reach.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your plans for the hood?
I wouldn't mind having to travel to Arizona to get a car but the service is what would bother me . I am not going to travel every time for service and no way in hell am I ever doing business with Hoy Fox Mercedes :thumbdwn:

on a side note , I don't like the route Mercedes is going on all their new cars so it makes it a lot easier to not buy one :thumbsup:

thats unfortunate to hear. We have had several mercedes within the family and never had a bad experience with any. Only have one dealership of course near you makes it very difficult.

Here in new jersey we have a few near DE or PA which are great. ARS1 makes a good point, shouldn't stop you from getting what you want.

Back