Off-Road Camper/Trailer Build | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Off-Road Camper/Trailer Build

Thought I'd post this here. I'm building a Off-road Camper. It's fun building this but I need to hurry up.

Here are a few pics. All the build photos are here:

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j118/jamscal/Off road teardrop trailer/

I have build threads on Pirate and MikenChell Teardrops too with a bit more info.

Basic Idea is a Military themed "teardrop" trailer (sleeps two, open kitchen/storage in the back. Approx 5x8:

offroadtrailerdrawing.jpg

Basic shape:

IMG_3996.jpg

Progress so far:

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

Thanks for looking

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Subscribing and do you have links to your other threads??...:D

LBarr2002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leesville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4, '92 XLT 4x4
Looks pretty cool. How much do you expect it to weigh when complete and how does that weight compare to a standard fiberglass teardrop?

wisekise

Reaction score
City, State
kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 sport

Scott B.

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT
Looks really nice so far. I have been thinking about building one of these also.

So many projects...

jamscal

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 car car
...Subscribing and do you have links to your other threads??...:D

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826530

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32516

They're both basically the same but have different reader comments. All the pics are the same as on the Photobucket link.

I don't know what the finished weight will be or how it will compare to a FG Teardrop. There are really no standards although some of them are pretty light.

Some build them with thick-ish wood walls and I don't think I'll be too heavy compared the them.

The Mikenschell site is great for all sorts of homemade teardrop and small trailers.

My next trailer will probably be the same style but a bit smaller and only one door on the rear. I'll be able to sell them a bunch cheaper, they'll double as a utility trailer and you can still camp in one.

Thanks,

James