off road in SE Mass.

davidmmm69

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
2010 Ford Explorer V6 Fall River Ma...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
Anyone else from mass know any places to hit some trails.
when I lived up here in High School and after that we used to go to Freetown Forest but I just drove by there and all the places we used to go off road are now Houses and offices.

It is only open I hear to Bikes??

looking for anyone who lives south of Boston and knows anywhere we can go for some off road action.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's some nice trails in Union Ct. it's not posted or anything so I guess it's ok. Just went up there today there were some huge puddles i had to ford lol; it's not posted or anything so I guess it's ok. If you do a Google image search for "breakneck pond union ct" there's a trail map that helps out alittle.

Union Ct. is not exactly close to Fall River and there is nothing out there at all, but western mass and the connecticut border have a few wheeling places especially if you know people, but it's been awhile since ive lived out there so I cant give any specific recommendations.

theres a great place in smithfield ri- been a few times now, i know fall river might b a bit of a hike but it would b worth it.

Wheelin In Mass

I live in Weymouth, Ma the only places I've found to Wheel around here on the South Shore are in Plymouth, by Big Sandy Pond, and I also sometimes just explore random fire roads along the Highways Route 3 especially near Kingston. Not much but they are ok for some fun romps through the woods. Any one who knows of any other places let me know.

92 XLT... Stock for now.

im from plymouth and big island pond has some good trail. its right off of exit 3 on rt. 3. the power lines are pretty good too.

Anyone else from mass know any places to hit some trails.
when I lived up here in High School and after that we used to go to Freetown Forest but I just drove by there and all the places we used to go off road are now Houses and offices.

It is only open I hear to Bikes??

looking for anyone who lives south of Boston and knows anywhere we can go for some off road action.
I know this is a REAL old post now but I thought I would let anyone browsing know that there are still several unmantained roads in the Freetown Forest/Copicut Reservoir area and most of them have huge water/mud holes. (Just watch out for rocks underwater) If you want to do some more serious off roading you have to drive a bit though. There are quite a few trails in northwestern Mass. I even found what is pretty much a secret off road park with multiple sick 8 tracks, jumps, and a huge sand hill climb with a whole network of interconnecting trails over there. I can't say the exact spot online or there will end up too much traffic there though. If you have brass cahones there are literally hundreds if not thousands of Class VI "roads" up in NH. Many of them have lots of mud and water depending on the time of year, some have river crossings, most of them are on mountain sides with huge boulders on steep inclines. Sometimes you might even be driving on solid granite bedrock on the edge of a dangerous cliffside. There are also some trails which are more mild too. Don't bother trying to search forums online for their exact locations. Very few will tell you. I WILL tell you how to find them though. Just cruise around up there and bring up your Google maps in satellite photo mode. Look for any back "roads" on the map near where you're at that look to go straight through forest with only a few houses at each end of the road and NO houses in the middle. Can almost guarantee it will end up being some crazy class VI. You can also look for what appear to be trails in the satellite photos but are not marked "roads".Oh yeah, you can drive down a lot of the power line access roads too.

I know this is a REAL old post now but I thought I would let anyone browsing know that there are still several unmantained roads in the Freetown Forest/Copicut Reservoir area and most of them have huge water/mud holes. (Just watch out for rocks underwater) If you want to do some more serious off roading you have to drive a bit though. There are quite a few trails in northwestern Mass. I even found what is pretty much a secret off road park with multiple sick 8 tracks, jumps, and a huge sand hill climb with a whole network of interconnecting trails over there. I can't say the exact spot online or there will end up too much traffic there though. If you have brass cahones there are literally hundreds if not thousands of Class VI "roads" up in NH. Many of them have lots of mud and water depending on the time of year, some have river crossings, most of them are on mountain sides with huge boulders on steep inclines. Sometimes you might even be driving on solid granite bedrock on the edge of a dangerous cliffside. There are also some trails which are more mild too. Don't bother trying to search forums online for their exact locations. Very few will tell you. I WILL tell you how to find them though. Just cruise around up there and bring up your Google maps in satellite photo mode. Look for any back "roads" on the map near where you're at that look to go straight through forest with only a few houses at each end of the road and NO houses in the middle. Can almost guarantee it will end up being some crazy class VI. You can also look for what appear to be trails in the satellite photos but are not marked "roads".Oh yeah, you can drive down a lot of the power line access roads too.
But you won't share? I'd be interested but just some small stuff

But you won't share? I'd be interested but just some small stuff
OK OK, even though they are seriously EASY to find and they are literally everwhere in NH if you just look for them. If you want smaller stuff, the OHRV trails in Pisgah State Park in NH are pretty fun. Most of them are fairly mild but there are a couple of rougher ones there too. The one also connects to a pretty rough power line trail. They are still open now but once they are covered in snow the trails and class VI roads up there are for tracked vehicles only. Be aware they may close the gates to the OHRV trails in Pisgah until late summer if it is too flooded out from the spring snow melt. If you don't want mild, have a serious ride, and like to live dangerously, you could try Eaton road and Derry Hill road in Walpole NH. I had to turn around on both of them in a pretty precarious spot but a taller truck could do it or at least get further. (I'm only on 30's) There are a lot of other trails I have had to turn around on too because they were too crazy but I don't remember them all by name. Just don't try to enter Derry Hill road from Cochran road. When I did in the middle of the night an old guy dragged a picnic table into the road to block it and ran over naked with only a towel around his waist and holding a colostomy bag and told us to go back where we came from.

OK OK, even though they are seriously EASY to find and they are literally everwhere in NH if you just look for them. If you want smaller stuff, the OHRV trails in Pisgah State Park in NH are pretty fun. Most of them are fairly mild but there are a couple of rougher ones there too. The one also connects to a pretty rough power line trail. They are still open now but once they are covered in snow the trails and class VI roads up there are for tracked vehicles only. Be aware they may close the gates to the OHRV trails in Pisgah until late summer if it is too flooded out from the spring snow melt. If you don't want mild, have a serious ride, and like to live dangerously, you could try Eaton road and Derry Hill road in Walpole NH. I had to turn around on both of them in a pretty precarious spot but a taller truck could do it or at least get further. There are a lot of other trails I have had to turn around on too because they were too crazy but I don't remember them all by name. Just don't try to enter Derry Hill road from Cochran road. When I did in the middle of the night an old guy dragged a picnic table into the road to block it and ran over naked with only a towel around his waist and holding a colostomy bag and told us to go back where we came from.
Not talking or caring about New Hampshire...
Freetown is a couple miles from me

K

You just wanted the ones in Freetown? Copicut road and Yellow Hill road and Quanapoag road are a few of them. There is not much else in the immediate area that I know of though. You have to go out to the country.

Not talking or caring about New Hampshire...
Freetown is a couple miles from me
Also, it's only a couple hours away to some serious trails in NH (even closer to northwestern MA) It's definitely worth the ride if you're feeling it. I have friends in Keene so I go up there almost every weekend.

Back