off to the exhaust shop | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

off to the exhaust shop

comparison

Attachments

• oldparts.jpg
    oldparts.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 197

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

out with the old in with the new

nice day to work

Attachments

• onstands.jpg
    onstands.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 184

underside

Attachments

• underside.jpg
    underside.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 182

tailpipe

Attachments

• tailpipe.jpg
    tailpipe.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 181

and lastly the ss tip. Love this kit and love the sound. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good exhaust upgrade.

Attachments

• tailtip.jpg
    tailtip.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 174

That looks great. Looks like you had better weather than my snow storm to put yours on :D

that Gibson setup looks sweet...I dont know if I want to spend 255 on an exhaust setup though, so maybe I'll go with a quiet Magnaflow/Accelerator or Flowmaster, or maybe even that Meanstreak muffler if I can find one. I'm really looking forward to a good quiet sound though, my Cherry Bomb is annoying the hell out of me now :banghead:.

How is the sound and performance?

I am thinking about the Gibson cat back also. I am worried about how it sounds. Does it sound good, not ricy, not loud? Have you noticed any performance gains? Maybe a sound clip to hear what it sounds like?
Any info would be great!
Thanks!

CaptKirk said:
I am thinking about the Gibson cat back also. I am worried about how it sounds. Does it sound good, not ricy, not loud? Have you noticed any performance gains? Maybe a sound clip to hear what it sounds like?
Any info would be great!
Thanks!
Kirk, I pm'ed you. The sound is great. I couldn't be happier. Noticed the difference on first crank and over the months I have had it the sound just gets better. There was a breaking-in period. I have gotten some great compliments on the sound. Low rumble at idle, nice roar on acceleration, and very low interior noise while cruising. I highly recommend the Gibson kit. The perfomance gains have been superb as I have a KKM intake and Apten chip as well. These three are an unreal combination on the SOHC.

Go for the Gibson. Noticed a nice performance increase and it's the best sounding exhaust for the V6 in mine and many other's opinions. At start-up/warm-up idle it almost sounds like a V8. The tip looks really good too! ;)

Thanks for all the help on this!
I am just worried about the sound. Rather keep it stock the sound like a ricer!
I am looking for performace over loudness.
I also have the KKM intake. So, I am hoping to see a gain with the exhuast.
Also, did you guys get the s.s. or the aluminized steel set up? Do you thing the s.s. is worth the exter cash?

Man. I paid $180 for mine. That is complete cat-back. I used 2.5 pipe and 40 series muffler. I haven't had any problems out of this system at all and it sounds very throaty.

Back