OFFICIAL ECX MEMBER BULL$H!T THREAD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OFFICIAL ECX MEMBER BULL$H!T THREAD

yob_yeknom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Glade Hill, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT & '06 Limited
Okay, every thread started about a run ends up being over-run with a bunch of BSing and chit-chatting. This makes it damn near impossible to search through to find all of the important information dealing with the run, which discourages any newbies looking to possibly join the run. How about we seriously cut back on all the chatter taking place in those threads and place it here instead?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am going to use my 500th post (only took me three years) to second the motion...

Also to place a good quote (I forget where I saw it, it might of been here, and I don't claim to have come up with it)...

"A good friend will bail you out of jail in the morning, but your best friend will be sitting there next to your saying, 'That was f-ing awesome!!'"

Dave

WooHoo I finally got four explorers

Thanks for this post! I absolutely agree! Trying to get the permeant information from a post with 500 + replies is ridiculous!

He Without Sin Shall Cast The First Stone,
From the GWNF thread:
Hey! I resent that! I've got a good 7 or 8 teeth in my mouth!
Hmmm... sounds familiar though. All wives/girlfriends must share the same brain. Umm... don't repeat that.
I hope you are only kidding...
You should've let me know that. That's my neck of the woods, I'm only 20 minutes from Roanoke
:smiley face:
Uh Kevin, will those hood ornaments still be installed on your truck for the run?
Where? I'll go pick her up and put her on my hood.

No offense John, but you do your fair share

Robb

Originally posted by morrisey0
No offense John, but you do your fair share
I know I do! :eek: That's what gave me the idea for this thread. I'm not fussing at anybody for all the chatting, I'm just giving us a better place to do it at.

I know some of the BS belongs in the threads about the meetings because it has to do with them. This is just a better place to put those really off the wall comments that have nothing to do with anything run-related. :)

Originally posted by morrisey0
From the GWNF thread:
The GWNF thread is nothing compared to the Snowbash thread. :D

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
I know I do! That's what gave me the idea for this thread. I'm not fussing at anybody for all the chatting, I'm just giving us a better place to do it at. :)
AHHHH! Gotcha! Sorry about that! I misunderstood your attitude on this thread. I took it that you were fussing, and after reading a bit of useless chit-chatting in the GWNF thread, I found it ironic. My Fault!

Robb

No prob Bob. :D

easiest thing i can think of is, two threads... One, locked allowing a list of what's going on and who's committed....

A second thread, for bullshitting! Then all can be deciphered...
Pete

People change their minds a lot about whether they are going or not. Plus I'd still have to filter through all the stuff to find the important stuff anyways.

Hey the snowbash thread is an extremexplorer's function! :D I highly doubt we'll stop BSing in the threads. If a newbie has a question we can answer it for them.

that is exactly what happens on all of our threads, if you have a question just ask and we will answer it again for the person

That is soooo annoying.

I've turned off my email notification to those threads and don't even read the new replies anymore. On the rare occasion that there is useful information posted, I don't want to have to read through the 30 posts before and after it to find it. I know I'm not alone in thinking that way and imagine that is hurting attendance.

Oh well.....

I really gotta start paying attention to things... I'm not even on the East Coast...

Hehe..you want a BS thread for East Coast, you don't need midwest BS filling it up.. :D

Dave

Have you looked at this thread Dead Link Removed
Can you make it out?

Originally posted by lizardtrac
hmmm, yeah I had the same problem, in the same place, on the same side of the truck, sorry to say but the only fix for that is a new pipe, welding it aint a good idea as that is a flex point for the exhaust, thats what I was told by a good friend of mine that works for ford.
Yeah, no welding there. It has to be able to move a little, plus you can't weld steel to iron anyways.

The flange seems to be in good shape, not out of round or anything, but the pipes going up to each manifold are bent. It won't seal because it can't line up correctly, and those connections have to line up perfect since they do not use gaskets. I'm going to try to bend it, but it looks like new piping will be the only way in the end.

How much did that new pipe run? Did it come as the entire piece, convertor and all?

Or then again, I could use this as a good reason to get a new exhaust system made. I could cut the exhaust off after the cats, cut the piece that holds both sides together, install them seperately so they line up good, then build a new exhaust from there back. Only problem is that all costs money that I don't have from having no job for a while. :(

Intentionally left blank

I have no freakin' clue what you just said. :confused:

You’re right
I read the first post too quickly. My apologies
I thought is was a ”general comment” on all the crap on the board and how hard it is to find stuff.
I must have missed the reference to the “run”
I'll delete it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back