Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

1. Feature (Bug IMO)
2. LTD, AWD, 301A, Tow, Moon roof
3. 2900 miles
4. v2.7
5. There should be an option in the configuration to allow use of functions while driving. I have serious heartburn with the NAV. A number of my passengers have wanted to enter a destination in the NAV, but could not. Also, the voice commands are not 100% when it comes to city names and streets. Kinda silly that you can adjust ambient lighting while driving, but not other functions....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your ipod will actually play?

Mine just shows album art (very cool) but won't play music at all (not so cool).

Mine will only play music through bluetooth streaming from my iphone. Functionality from bluetooth streaming is near zilch. You can't select songs and there is no way to tell what it's going to play.

I like the idea of this thread, but I would have to submit 25 entries....

Maybe I'll do this later to feel like I'm being proactive at a fix. I'm so frustrated with this Explorer right now. It's a huge let-down.

I have the same problem. My iPod won't play, just shows album art and song names. It used to work when I first got it a month ago. My bluetooth streaming music won't work at the moment either. It does every once in awhile though.

Version 2.8

1. Bug
2. LTD, 302A
3. v2.8
4. There is an inconsistency in how the steering wheel "Seek" rocker functions between MFT devices. On iPod, Sirius, and CD, a push upwards moves to the next song, station, channel, etc. Naturally, a push downwards moves to the prior song, station, etc.

Radio is backwards. A push up moves to the PRIOR station preset. One must push down to move to the next preset.

1. Bug
2. Limited 301a, BLIS, tow, 4WD
3. 2000 miles
4. v 2.7
5. Phone paring with my iphone 4 is spotty. Sometimes automatic, sometime I have to hit the connect button and twice it has hung up and frozen the system trying to connect but the phone is not recongnized. Why is it so variable? It's great when it works, frustrates when it doesn't!

1. Feature (Bug IMO)
2. LTD, AWD, 301A, Tow, Moon roof
3. 2900 miles
4. v2.7
5. There should be an option in the configuration to allow use of functions while driving. I have serious heartburn with the NAV. A number of my passengers have wanted to enter a destination in the NAV, but could not. Also, the voice commands are not 100% when it comes to city names and streets. Kinda silly that you can adjust ambient lighting while driving, but not other functions....

+1 here.

+1 - who the hell is Ford to say that my passenger can't use the MFT while I am driving.

R

+1

I guess it is even more difficult to legislate against using nav while driving than it is to enforce no texting while driving laws, and we can't be trusted....

+1 - who the hell is Ford to say that my passenger can't use the MFT while I am driving.

R

Ford lawyers are telling the SYNC engineers to include these product safety features.

The lawyers do this based on case law and what liability award a jury will find if that one person plays with MFT while driving and kills/injures someone.

When you install a "Lockpick" style device to override these features you then assume that liability, not Ford.

There are lots of things SYNC/MFT can do but the product engineers are restricted by that liability.

Remember we now live in a world where no one is responsible for their own actions, someone else is always to blame.

Guys, please keep conversations going on a different thread. We need to limit this thread to bugs and feature requests ONLY. -- Thanks.

1. Feature
2. LTD, AWD, 302A, Tow, Moon roof
3. 900 miles
4. v2.8
5. MFT should have a progress display when indexing a device. To simply say "indexing," for 45 minutes is not good enough. You have no idea if its still indexing or just hung. It should have a progress indicator or something (10%, 20%, etc... done)

1. Feature
3. 900 miles
4. v2.8
5. Front park feature - we have the sensors, why cant we get a tone for parking in the garage?

1. Feature
3. 900 miles
4. v2.8
5. Sirius weather map legend. Some of those symbols are ridiculously vague and who knows what they mean?

1. Feature
3. 900 miles
4. v2.8
5. MFT REBOOT OPTION - for when the system goes crazy.

1. Feature
3. 900 miles
4. v2.8
5. MFT REBOOT OPTION - for when the system goes crazy.

+1 My bluetooth is gone- the system refuses to recognize my iPhone despite rebooting the phone, turning BT on/off. I would like to reboot MFT without loosing all of my user presets.

1. Bug?
2. Ltd 302a
3. 3000 miles
4. 2.8
5. Climate controls- when the My Temp button is displayed and I touch it, the screen zooms in on the mini-panel (seats and My Temp get larger) and I have to touch My Temp again. The first touch should do it.

1. Bug?
2. Ltd 302a
3. 3000 miles
4. 2.8
5. Right side dash display, When using the climate controls on the little display there is no way to set the temperature back to "Auto"

1. Bug?
2. Ltd 302a
3. 3000 miles
4. 2.8
5. Steering wheel controls for menus. In particular, Entertainment. When navigating menus/items the up and down switch should scroll through the items at that level, eg Sirius 1/Sirius 2/Sirius 3 or once I have selected Sirius 2 (gone ot the right) up/down should scroll the stations.

1. Bug?
2. Ltd 302a
3. 3000 miles
4. 2.8
5. Sirius Station list/media player index should be stored in memory for rapid scanning. When I want to roll through the Sirius stations in search of something different the list should be ready for the next page before I even push the button. Also, I think I might like a scrolling list better than pages but that is a minor thing- though the option to choose... ;-)

1. Bug?
2. Ltd 302a
3. 3000 miles
4. 2.8
5. Climate controls- when the My Temp button is displayed and I touch it, the screen zooms in on the mini-panel (seats and My Temp get larger) and I have to touch My Temp again. The first touch should do it.

+1 and the zoom feature is hard to use. You press it, and half the time it zooms and you get to hit the cooled seats, the other half you have to try and get it to zoom again.

Feature.

The sync team should release a desktop tool that allows you to pre-compute the "index" that MFT builds for media devices. Waiting 45 minutes for MFT to index a thumbdrive is a long time. Being able to precompute all or part of this index on your desktop computer would make life a lot easier.

1. BUG & feature
2. Limited - Canadian - luxury seating, dual moonroof, powered 3rd row, towing package, polished aluminum rims, 4WD
3. 800km
4. MFT 2.8
5. Scheduled system maintenance occurs WHILE DRIVING! Until it restarts, you have no navigation, music, climate controls. Only Microsoft would design a car computer system which chooses to reboot when you're right in the middle of using it. If this is a required step, then have the vehicle intelligently choose a reboot time (eg. track your driving habits and do a reboot at a time where it's very rare you're using the car). Or, have a preference setting for it. The user should also be able to ABORT a maintenance shutdown if they wish to (but the car should never try to reboot while driving).

This isn't really "scheduled system maintenance". It is what happens when the system crashes and needs to restart. It then goes through a systems check when re-starting.

It would please me more if it just gave me a Blue Screen of Death and I could smile knowingly, take a photo of it and upload it to fail.org

Your ipod will actually play?

Mine just shows album art (very cool) but won't play music at all (not so cool).

Mine will only play music through bluetooth streaming from my iphone. Functionality from bluetooth streaming is near zilch. You can't select songs and there is no way to tell what it's going to play.

I like the idea of this thread, but I would have to submit 25 entries....

Maybe I'll do this later to feel like I'm being proactive at a fix. I'm so frustrated with this Explorer right now. It's a huge let-down.

I couldn't hear anything whilst BT streaming (Droid2) until I turned the (Explorer) volume way up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bugs

1. Bug
2. Kona Blue LTD, 302A, 2nd row Bucket, moonroof, tow.
3. 3400 miles
4. MFT version 2.8
5. Since purchasing in early May, I have suffered thru 8 black screens, 4 system resets, constant indexing of IPod, and recently while on vacation, the navagation system kept losing signal. When the system came back on line, the destination had to be reloaded. Dealer is aware of problems but is preplexed as to what can be causing the problems other than to say a "software fix is on the way". Plus they showed me how to reboot the system.

Back