*Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*Official* Return from CCR08 - Ouray Colorado Pics and Trip Reports

...Stic-o...Yea, I took the Ranger as it needed wheeling time too...It loves the mountains and my X as we know, would have been a fight on the switchbacks...plus I guess about another 200 bucks in gas for the whole trip...and yes, I'm a cheese curds fan...:D

...DB_1...That is the Rolls Royce I saw on the way home...:thumbsup:...I was looking for it on the internet and could not find it...It is actually more impressive seeing it in person...With a fleet of Rangers up there, we would own the place...:D

...Spas..
...I think we broke him in right...after we did Black Bear pass and Imogene we went back to camp...As everyone was winding down, Jon, being excited about living thru these trails asked me, " So, now that we are done with the hard trails, what are we running tommorow?"....I told him, "Jon, these were the begginer trails to weed out the guys who wouldn't make it on tommorow's run...The Intermediate trails, then the last day we'll do the hard stuff"...His face was priceless...:wtf:...:p:

...EDIT: and anyone looking to go offroading and have some fun, Truckhaven run in Oct. ..
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2012564#post2012564

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...DB_1...That is the Rolls Royce I saw on the way home...:thumbsup:...I was looking for it on the internet and could not find it...It is actually more impressive seeing it in person...With a fleet of Rangers up there, we would own the place...:D

Well theres your problem... all you had to do was look in my photos:p: It's always at the Offroad show;)

122874x4_Style.jpg

122874x4_style_2.jpg

...That Rolls is currently a purple color like in the video...Stic-o, that first pic must be old, look how young R.J. looks..:p:

...I did get some marks from this run but I need to get all the mud off of it first to further evaluate how much fun I had...:D

I drained my TC and Transmission-fluid is still red as blood-but it got fresh stuff-
The KN air filter looked like a mud ball when I cleaned it. New oil and filter--
Oh, NEW BRAKE PADS!!!

everything seems tight--:D

...Now you are ready for the Truckhaven Experience...:D

On our way home we stopped in Manitou Springs-Garden of the Gods area-
I have pictures, but for some reason cannot get them into the album-

We went to a bar called "Get Hazed" and immediately I noticed some very fine Jam band playing on the system. After ordering drinks-I asked Johanna , our magnetic waitress, who was playing.
Creating a NewSense ( pronounced nuisance) was the name of the band.
We ordered food, and discussed our tale of telluride with her, as the band had just played there-she was very interested. The cook and her sat scrolling through our pictures,(they had wi fi) just blown away.

After a while, "Matt" , the Bass player for the band came in and said "are you the guys who were just in telluride?

We said yeah, and invited him to sit. It was then he introduced himself. We talked for well over 2 hours-he was a very nice guy. We bought one of their Cd's.
He nformed me to look for their work on
www.archive.org as the youtube stuff was "crap"

Anyway-we were then introduced by Matt to a guy who owns 2 shops in town, and has designed an upright bass which is stamped from steel. He has the dies--but no press. He was also looking for a powdercoater to finish them--

There is a dude from the site in KS with an oven big enough for a stand up base. :thumbsup:

Yup--
We are in contact. He's supposed to be coming here to press out a few and then have them coated-:thumbsup:

So here is a small collection of my favorites from the weekend ...
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2083087&l=0bba8&id=116507216

I realized after I got home like I always do, that I really don't have many pics of the people I was privileged to hang with. Oh well we will just have to get together at Moab. JT hopefully you can powder coat enough bases to come out.

By the way is it shirt and tie day. . . How come I wasn't invited.:cool:

..."Attention Passengers, we will now be flying the friendly sky's...Please pucker up and enjoy the view on your way down"...:D

YES! great photos! Especially of the 3gen! Too few 3gens are ever fortunate enough to live out their true calling on the trail outdoors.

....Some more pics I found...:D

...JeffBethandthekids ride...
ccr109mi5.jpg

...Helping out the BII from Kansas...
ccr187qu0.jpg

...another mine...
ccr239tz2.jpg

...This is really JeffBethandthekids ride...:p:
ccr213qi1.jpg

Wuhhh-how -- slap some snow on that mountain and its good! Strap in!

....On the lower slopes they do have skiing...This pic is from downtown Telluride looking at the ski slopes...The chair lifts run down to about main street...
ccr081oz1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Here's some pics for JTSmith's first offroad trip, Photo Album...:D

ccr106su8.jpg

ccr085ub8.jpg

n116507216327529744806vp5.jpg

ccr214kz3.jpg

Back