OFFICIAL SKING THREAD | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

OFFICIAL SKING THREAD

BoatsRcool

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville SC (Home) Clemson SC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
GMC Yukon 4x4
Well I wanted to start a thread about sking.

I went one time when i was like 7, and just got into it again last 2 years (im 15 now)
I just bought 2 pairs of demo skis.
-177 cm Rossingol Rebels
-170 cm Salomon Verse

Not sure which ones I'll keep, whichever is in better condition. I think ill keep the Rebels though.
I gotta buy some boots soon.
Im about 2.5 hrs from all the North Carolina slopes, so its not too bad.
But im going to Snowshoe in WV when exams are over.
Northcaroline slopes hopefully will open soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i'm taking this year off mostly, (i will still go to vail a couple of times and be in eight or ten of the bigger races) but i have been skiing since i could walk. i have the second best gs points in rocky central for 1983 birthdays currently. and for the last two years i have been sponsored by K2 before that by Rossignol. I'm really psyched right now 'cause my last final is next wednesday and then i go home enter some races there and then i get to go to vail over christmas.

anybody else race?

as for skis i have
208 rossignol speed skis, 24din bindings, metal plates
188 rossignol race stock slalom skis
183 k2 slalom's not race stock
191 rossignol 9.9 race stock
193 k2 race stock gs with salomon 18din bindings and the matching epbs plate (2 pairs with that set up)
170 k2 race stock slaloms with salomon 14 din and epbs plate and race department only epbs'

all of those are for sale, and i would part with most of them for pretty cheap, and the skis with bindings can be seperated if anybody isinterested please personal message me

and for my personal use:D :D :D
2 pairs of last years race stock gs in 188s
2 pairs of last years race stock sl in 167
1 pair of last years race stock sl in 170
a pair of salomon twin tips.

i have some salomon stuff because they sponsored my brother last year. This year he is on atomic.

BoatsRcool

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville SC (Home) Clemson SC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
GMC Yukon 4x4
cool man!

yeah i water ski too. From about eary april - late october up here in southcarolina.
I prefer kneeboarding i have gotten some MASSIVE air on that, and im yet to get up on the wakeboard we have.

hey -- will any of those skis be good for a all mtn. weekender, intermediate
haha i doubt it. anyways,

later.

Bigcheck1

Reaction score
City, State
Marlton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Nissan Xterra
well, i used to ski, now i snowboard mostly. just got a new santa cruz 159 last week and am headed to vermont in 2 weeks when finals end here. i ride the poconos 3-4 times a week during the season and lastly i'm headed to colorado over spring break with my roomate. maybe i'll bump into a few of you on the mountains

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
i used to have dynastar skis a few years ago. i dont own any skis now, but i want to buy them soon.

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i do a ton of wakeboarding too, i didn't know we were talking about that kind of skiing too. i have a 137 shaun murray

Blue Steel

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '97 XLT SOHC
i used to do the giant slalom when i was in 7th and 8th grade for our age group in all the schools where i used to live (toronto, canada). i faired pretty well and got 4th if i remember correctly out of all the kids that did it. i used to be a really good skiier, skiing some extreme slopes, but after not going for the past couple years due to time and funding, i will probably be super rusty. plus north carolina sucks for slopes. all they have here is oversized anthills they call ski resorts. will eventually make a trip to whistler bc and try my stuff again... ever since i've started skiing i've used the pro shop rentals. they had damn good skiis for advanced users, and i wasn't scared to hit the advanced slopes and scratch them all up on the rocks because after all, they were rentals :)

Pemerling

Reaction score
City, State
Boston MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT V8
hey now were talkin about somethin i know.. i grew up in southern vermont when i was young. Ive been skiing since i was three and love it. right now im working as a ski technition down at a mountain in CT and soon will be working as a Rossignal Rep. right now im skiing on a pair of 195 Dynastar X9s
184 Solomon xscreams
184 k2 Merlin Vs
I was trying to get a sponsor for freestyle bumb skiing but after blowing out my knee two years ago im not gonna get back into competing. if any of you have questions about ur equipment or anything feel free to give me an email. oh by the way i go to school in burlington vermont and enjoy having five of the greatest mountains in the east around me. Good thing the registrars office lets me schedule around skiing
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :chug:

oh and expo5.0 u got any pairs of bindings u want to get rid of? i need another pair and im sorta low on dough.. give me a yell

Cdexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Deerfield, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT V8
Yes! :D I ski...a lot and I wakeboard a lot too. I've been to Killington twice and Sunday River once. Since then the snow had melted though :mad: It's so warm out I'm close to bringing the boat out of retirement and putting the ski's back in the closet. I think I'm gonna have to pick up snowboarding this winter though - I can't wait!

Peter Weber

Reaction score
City, State
Simi Valley, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Blue Steel

Did you ski at Georgian Bay (Blue Mountains) when you lived in Toronto? I used to ski there in the 60's and 70's. Did some racing in the late 50's and early 60's back in Germany where I grew up.

Live now in SoCal and try to get out a few times every winter. Normally Mammoth in the Sierra Nevada. Lake Tahoe area is great too.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I know what would happen if I went skiing. It wouldn't be so much "skiing" as "unorganized falling". I'd probably get to the bottom and the ski patrol would say "wow we were just headed up for you, we've heard hundreds of people saying they thought you'd be dead next a tree by now! And we're on the bunny slope!"
I've lived in COlorado my whole life and never once gone skiing. I know, GASP! :).

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I've been skiing since I was 3 and started racing when I was 9. I got really good and started getting bored with racing (too easy ;)) So then I got into bumps, and that got real hard on the knees, and then I got into snowboarding and have hardly looked back to skiing since. But with the new designs of skis and the entrance into terrain parks with a more aggresive style of skiing I might just have to do both again. My friend is an awesome skier and when we were kids we were really close in ability but he would ski something like 300+ days a year and he just kicks butt now. I thought he was a member of the U.S. ski team but I haven't talked to him since September so I'm not sure anymore, but he spent a majority of his time at Vail.

rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
I love Skiing! I hope to be able to get up and going this year at some point! Talk about the biggest rush! Its a lot like riding a motorcycle for me. :D

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
who's your friend man?

Blue Steel

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '97 XLT SOHC
peter, i've done a little skiing there, but mostly went either on a bus as a group to places in quebec or by train over to the rockies in bc. can't remember exactly the names of the mountains, but they were bigger than what was around toronto. i did start skiing on blue mountains by toronto. not too far by bus and was great for a youngin like me when i was starting out. they have some pretty kool aggressive skiis now which is awesome because you can grind and stuff with them like skates at a skate park (do that too a little). pulling some airs on the half pipe and see the snowboarders jaws drop is priceless :D

Sethro

Reaction score
City, State
Battle Creek, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT SOHC
I live to waterski/wakeboard/barefoot/boat!! Any of you running the slalom course? What kind of boats?!?!

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i have a 2001 sea doo challenger 2000, it has intake and exhaust modifications, a custom clarion stereo with two subs and 4 6.5s and 400 watts, and custom color shifting graphics. It's fun to pull that around minnesota behing my x heh, heh. i know it's no good for skiing. but for wakeboarding we bury the nose disable the bildge and run it with like 200 pounds of water in the bottom and 5 guys in it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hskrbkr

Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB, 4x4
I've been skiing for about 4 years. I absolutely love it. I currently live in Kansas and I got zero options for skiing. So I try to get to the mountains at least twice a year. I spend a lot of time in Summit County in Colorado (Copper Mountain). This year I'm going to ski in Montana (probably Big Mountain) and possibly in Europe. Definately going to try to do a spring trip to Colorado. If I can get three trips in this season I am going to be pumped.

I think I'm going to start snow boarding this year too.