OFFICIAL SKING THREAD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

OFFICIAL SKING THREAD

FMExplorer

the original tramp
Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer EB
I raced downhill and slalom all through highschool and college (actually, since before Boats was born!)

Now, in SW Florida, I water ski - that's it. The guy I go with hits 2 buoys at 38' off on the slalom course. I have yet to get through at 15' off (38' off is amazing - competition level and the guy is 40). The result? 2 shoulder rebuilds (one each) in the past 27 months! Ok - I'm reckless... and I know the guys that know me would never believe that! ;)

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Originally posted by expo5.0
who's your friend man?
His name is Jesse Maddox, as think about it though I know he busted his knee up bad about a year and a half ago and that's why he's not on the team, but he's still going strong, well last I heard anyway.:bounce:

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i don't personally know him, but he's been pretty damn good for a while. i've only been in a few races that he's been in though, since he's a few years older than me, and i haven't qualified for the big international races before last year. this post is frustrating me, i really want to go skiing now. and with the weather here in phoenix i am constantly wanting to go wakeboarding/boating anyways, but my boat is like 2,000 miles away. so now i'm :banghead: :frustrate :banghead:

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
skiing, BAH! you guys always get in the way of us snowboarders ;)

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
I ski'd a few years ago at Paoli and I loved it. I picked up on it really quick and was already pulling off stunts before I left. I wish I was closer to some slops, but Paolia is like 4 or 5 hours away from me.

xwhaler

Reaction score
City, State
Dover, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
Skiing my whole life, currently riding on 188 K2 Axis X
and 178 K2 Four's
Ski all the ASC resorts in New England, own a place at Attitash/Bear Peak and am planning a trip to Tuckermans Ravine this year.

Fishrising

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
"You've got to earn your turns!"

"Lifts!?! We don't need no stink'n lifts!"

Keep on eye out for me at Tuck's in the spring....

I will probably be the only one who is 6'7" with tele skis and skins on my feet on the way up, with my snowboard on my back. I will ride my board on the face, and then the teles go back on for the ride down.....