**Official Summit Racing Cruise-in meet thread** | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

**Official Summit Racing Cruise-in meet thread**

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Ok...here it is. Summit Racing is having a fall truck cruise-in/show (non-judged per Summir Racing) on Sept. 26th from 9-5 instead of Truckfest this year. I'm planning a meet so we can all meet...hang out for an hour or two at the most then all cruise to Summit together. The place to meet is Portage Lakes State Park and the address is 5031 Manchester Rd. Akron, OH 44319. The time is 10 a.m. Once you enter the park follow the main road all the way back to a big parking lot. I will be parked to the left near the entrance to the parking area off the main road. We'll hang out there for an hour or two and talk trucks then all cruise to Summit (approx. 15 minute drive). There are numerous fast food restaraunts we can stop by on Manchester road on the way to Summit. I'm posting this on explorerforum.com and rangerpowersports.com. Let me know if your planning on making it so I know how many to expect. Also shoot me a p.m. and I'll give you my cell number incase you need to get ahold of me. Come on...let's make this happen and get some trucks there!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

count me in

Sounds good..I'm off the day before so I'm gonna get my Explorer all cleaned and waxed then. i'll be there by 10 a.m. Hopefully more will join in.

Sounds good..I'm off the day before so I'm gonna get my Explorer all cleaned and waxed then. i'll be there by 10 a.m. Hopefully more will join in.

same here, i hope its nice that day. hopefully ill have some spending money too :thumbsup:

Well....I should also but not sure what else I can buy. Seems like there's a ton of performance parts out the for the 4.6 in Mustangs but hardly anything for the 4.6 in the Explorers.

Well....I should also but not sure what else I can buy. Seems like there's a ton of performance parts out the for the 4.6 in Mustangs but hardly anything for the 4.6 in the Explorers.

ya, i know there is always something there i want, i will run out of money before they run out of parts to sell me lol:D

Come on guys...only one other person besides me showing up?

Come on guys...only one other person besides me showing up?

ill bring a friend.... that makes three :thumbsup: lol

is anyone planning on just going to summit that day ?

is there supposed to be anyone special there? when i was at truckfest, the 2 guys from Trucks! where walking around the store....

My guess would be no since it's nothing as big as truckfest.

My guess would be no since it's nothing as big as truckfest.

Non-judged Cruise-In from 9 am to 5 pm--open to all street and sport trucks, classic and late model trucks and SUVs, 4x4s, Jeeps, and off-road vehicles

so are you entering your truck? :exp: haha

Shine up your rig and bring it to Summit Racing for a non-judged truck show, open to pickups, SUVs, sport trucks, and off-road vehicles. Summit Racing’s project vehicles will be there too, so you can check out the Ford F-150 Sport ConsTRUCKtion, Summit Racing Equipment/Greg Anderson Pro Stock GXP replica, the QuadraDeuce, and more. We’ll have food vendors and a live DJ spinnin’ the tunes, so bring the whole family for a day of fun! Please Note: No registration, no trophies, all parking on site.

Well...if I do enter it I might actually win something...the same thing everyone else is gonna win...nothing...LOL

Well...if I do enter it I might actually win something...the same thing everyone else is gonna win...nothing...LOL

hahaha. i looked at the truck fest pics, only ONE rbv...off road ranger... but a stock blazer with rims and tires won something:mad: lol maybe ill enter mine sine i cant lose anyway lol

5 More days...anyone else think they can go???

I seriously doubt it...in fact I think you and I are the only ones who read this thread...LOL

I seriously doubt it...in fact I think you and I are the only ones who read this thread...LOL

lol ya pry true. well im planing on going. let me know what ya wanna do, my internet is down right now im at a friends house so if u wanna text my cell u can do that.

I'd do that but I don't have your number...send it to me in a private message here.

id have to say it was a good show for the weather being so unpredictable

Yeah...that it was. If the weather would've been better I would've stayed longer for sure. Glad we left when we did....it was pouring on the way home.

Back