offroad pinstriping | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

offroad pinstriping

i wanna fix my truck up but i got the paint all scratched up with the bushes and trees i go through. how do i fix the offroad pinstriping? what about the paint that the clearcoat is disappearing? is that wat clay barring is for? should i do a good buff?

HELP!

i wanna fix my truck up but i got the paint all scratched up with the bushes and trees i go through. how do i fix the offroad pinstriping? what about the paint that the clearcoat is disappearing? is that wat clay barring is for? should i do a good buff?

HELP!

Clay Barring is mostly for removing fine scratches and swirl marks. You may want to look into some hard rubber body kits to help protect your lower quarters. If your going thru bushes and tree's there isn't a whole lot that will protect your paints finish.

clay bar takes paint contamination off such as dirt and break dust and stuf like that if you rub your paint and it feels gritty not smooth that is paint contamination you use the clay bar before waxing it wont remove scratchs or help your peeling clear coat

Back