Offroad v8 302 build | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Offroad v8 302 build

paulmcg1997

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford ranger
We're swapping a 1997 5.0 v8 into a Ford Ranger Prerunner. The engine is already torn down and were in the process of rebuilding it with performance parts. I'm posting this thread to document the build and for advice. Goal is about 450 Torque

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

boominXplorer

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 4x4 Mounty
Trying to double the power output without boost will be hard. What are plans for exhaust manifolds?

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
i would think no. or for the the money you would spend, it would be cheaper to do a stroker vs keeping it stock cid. like boomin said, what do you have planed for the manifolds. torque monster headers are the only company that makes headers for a rbv. they at best are small as well. better then stock manifolds, but still small. you would have to make a one off set for the motor to breath.