oh no.. sad sad night - NEW pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

oh no.. sad sad night - NEW pics

it happened wednesday night, got tboned on a 4 lane road, thought i was gonna flip it, and then i crashed into that cement wall.. pretty damn pissed about it...

someone was letting this guy out of a parking lot to the right of me, and i was in the left lane, guy just punched it right into the side of me, other driver that hit me got a ticket for failure to yield..

i'll have better resolution pics up later, might be totaled, it got heavy side damage, snapped the front passenger wheel right in, so probably broke every component in that area, and the piece that connects from the transmission to the rear differential (drivetrain?) was hanging down, like it broke off from the transmission part, and a popped back tire... she was just going to hit 200k miles too, she was at 199,600k... and i JUST washed it that morning too...

16baqoj.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks but damn good your getting a descent amount for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

she is totaled .. getting around $4300 for it.. pretty good since it has 199,600k miles on it..

wow... I want your insurance company!!

Glad you are okay.

My crash was similar to that, had her on the road the next day after some new body panels and a new spindle.

wow... I want your insurance company!!

Glad you are okay.

i have amica, but the guys insurance is paying the $4300 for my truck since it wasn't my fault at all...

i was able to take off MOST of the aftermarket parts today at the tow yard before it goes to the junk yard, the only things left was the amp wiring kit, and 4 strobe tube cables for my hideaway system...

Bout to do an oil change on mine......ill pour some oil on the floor for her. Glad you are ok too.....poor poor sploder....RIP
Nice to hear your getting that much for her too

haha thanks man

HAHAHAHA! I almost pissed myself; I haven't seen that movie in years. Yeah man to bad about your baby. I got rear ended this week; freaking blows, it was a hit and run.

well here are the final pics of her, i was able to take off alot of parts, every aftermarket part actually, and i took my battery too, it was brand new, i wasn't lettin them take it! off to the junkyard she goes... RIP explorer

9fwkkn.jpg

2a0jkao.jpg

vr4kle.jpg

vguber.jpg

2say1ic.jpg

280mlns.jpg

33bcmds.jpg

14uuf6t.jpg

2cpq5w6.jpg

29c50gh.jpg

qovj4o.jpg

goodbye explorer.. the final pic
fd9jtd.jpg

The pics don't show the undercarriage/drivetrain damage, but from the looks of it, it's definitely fixable. Ask the insurance company what the buy back is. I'll bet it's onl;y a few hundred bucks. Just make sure you insist on a clean title (no salvage/totalled "brand"), and you're good to go. Assuming you do most of the work yourself (mechanical) and shop around for a good deal on the body work, $4300 should be more than enough to fix it. Don't trash a repairable vehicle. In case you haven't heard, they are making any more of these things. ......Oh yeah, tell the guy who owns the red Camaro that he ought to be fixing that too.( unless it's a LOT worse than the pic would indicate).

Glad you're ok, and made it out alive! Sucks to hear about your X though :(

The pics don't show the undercarriage/drivetrain damage, but from the looks of it, it's definitely fixable. Ask the insurance company what the buy back is. I'll bet it's onl;y a few hundred bucks. Just make sure you insist on a clean title (no salvage/totalled "brand"), and you're good to go. Assuming you do most of the work yourself (mechanical) and shop around for a good deal on the body work, $4300 should be more than enough to fix it. Don't trash a repairable vehicle. In case you haven't heard, they are making any more of these things. ......Oh yeah, tell the guy who owns the red Camaro that he ought to be fixing that too.( unless it's a LOT worse than the pic would indicate).

Gotta agree. If you've got the time and the drive. I did this with my Sport to get her back on the road.

the rear drive-shaft was bouncing underneath the truck like a diving board.. didn't look good at all.. and i do believe the frame was bent...

Back