oh no.. sad sad night - NEW pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

oh no.. sad sad night - NEW pics

it happened wednesday night, got tboned on a 4 lane road, thought i was gonna flip it, and then i crashed into that cement wall.. pretty damn pissed about it...

someone was letting this guy out of a parking lot to the right of me, and i was in the left lane, guy just punched it right into the side of me, other driver that hit me got a ticket for failure to yield..

i'll have better resolution pics up later, might be totaled, it got heavy side damage, snapped the front passenger wheel right in, so probably broke every component in that area, and the piece that connects from the transmission to the rear differential (drivetrain?) was hanging down, like it broke off from the transmission part, and a popped back tire... she was just going to hit 200k miles too, she was at 199,600k... and i JUST washed it that morning too...

16baqoj.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats terrible. hope youre alright?

bummer man...i hope you made it out unscathed. RIP Ex.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I dread this sort of thing all the time.

My '02 has 90K on the odometer and suspect even a minor accident will "total" the vehicle based on insurance estimates for repairs. I love not having a car payment and like to drive my cars for years, just maintain them and they go and go and go. All it takes is one clown not paying attention and then you're left with a paltry check from the insurance company and your "baby" is now good for parts at the junk yard.

Sorry about your misfortune, hope you are OK and back behind the wheel of a nice rig soon.

Why does washing a car make it a wreck magnet?

S***, mine was washed the other day. Glad you're O.K., angry (understandable) but O.K.

thats terrible man glad that your ok though

Why does washing a car make it a wreck magnet?

Thats why me and my whife do not wash our cars :rolleyes: we just let nature do the job. Glad you are ok Oxygen, at least well enough to post the incident.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad you're ok.

On a side note:

For the same reason a full tank of gas does... Because it does.

It seemed like everytime I had a problem with ANY car, it was ALWAYS right after I filled the tank, lol. Honestly, it never failed.

here are some more pictures..

and ya know what the crazy thing is, the accident happened about 2 minutes from where we live, and that same night, that red old car in the background in picture #2 crashed right in front of our house pretty much at 2:30am, and i was awake for it and heard the whole thing for it.. it was the same towing company that towed my truck...

2illkpu.jpg

wml5aq.jpg

2vjdax4.jpg

8vnqmu.jpg

so if she is totalled what u gonna be getting

Too bad, glad your okay. Your explorer protected you!

Better the truck than you thats why i've always said. Better to replace sheet metal than people. Glad to hear the truck took the hit and not you. Any word from the insurance company yet? Since the other people got cited thats an easy win for getting that truck fixed

haha ya, i wish ..

Sams01XplrSprt: if the insurance company says its totaled, i will be looking for 03+ XLT.. maybe with the v8 too if the package is right..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

she is totaled .. getting around $4300 for it.. pretty good since it has 199,600k miles on it..

Back