Oh so my suv isnt a race car!? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oh so my suv isnt a race car!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pathetic, people will do anything for free money. :eek:

As if we didn't have enough discliamers in/around our trucks not to mention the common sense to not do something stupid.

What REALLY scares me? The fact that they HAVE to have that disclaimer because obviously some idiot or combination of idiots took the commercials seriously. Ummm... WHY do they have a drivers license again? :mad:

Some people are so stupid, yet the are smart enough to find these ways to get all this money. Kinda makes you wonder. Maybe I should go down to McDonalds and spill hot coffee on myself and sue them for it because it didnt say "HOT" on the cup... Oh, wait... somebody already did that. :rolleyes:

I think it really reflect poorly on our culture. Ive heard there is a lawsuit against mcdonalds because thier food made people fat!? Its sad and pathetic. Why is it i can drive a lifted suv and not roll it yet some dumb @$$hole cant keep the rubberside down? Oh i could go on and on and im tempted to... but i think ill stop for now.

Being a doctor's kid, I compare this with the dealuge of medical malpractice cases today. This society seems to have no morals, and it confirms my belief that most layers are bloodsucking worthless leaches that should jump off very high cliffs. Grr... I'm not going to rant on political correctness, society, layers, and the crappy judicial system that allows way too much.... I'm just not gonna......

-----Nate

I heard a case where a man broke into this garage to steal some stuff while the family was out of town. He locks himself inside and has to drink their pepsi and eat dogfood for three days. He then somehow tries to sue them and wins. Go fig!

I almost sued a doctors office. I got a tetnus shot that made me pass out, and when I woke up they said, "Oh, just yesterday we had 3 kids pass out from the same shot... thats strange". If I wanted to, I could have made them do all sorts of tests on the tetnus stuff to make sure there wasnt anything wrong with it, which there probably was since nothing like that has ever happened to me. I got a concussion from hitting the floor so hard. Theres still a bump on my head in that spot and that happend 8 years ago.

Originally posted by Brandon4AU
I heard a case where a man broke into this garage to steal some stuff while the family was out of town. He locks himself inside and has to drink their pepsi and eat dogfood for three days. He then somehow tries to sue them and wins. Go fig!
WHAT??? How do you lock yourself IN a house? Whats the matter, he could break in but couldnt break out? Common, he should be shot.

I have sued someone!!! :D This local gym suckered me into doing one of those tours. well me and two of my roommates went and joined with the option of withdrawing our membership at any time. well we really liked it but were not sure about the money you know? Well later we all went at the same time and cancelled our membership. They treated us like complete @ssholes! I was pissed but glad it was over with. Well I start bouncing checks....big ones like rent. Turns out that this gym had been taking $50/month out of my checking account...(my roommates that joined with me.....they are not having any problems with it!!!) so I get pissed and go there to see what would happen if I tried to work out. I walk in and give them my name...."I'm sorry sir you are not a member." I said then why the hell are yall charging me?!?!? well anyways I ended up having to take them to court and got a $2500 check. They didnt even show up for the case.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
I almost sued a doctors office. I got a tetnus shot that made me pass out, and when I woke up they said, "Oh, just yesterday we had 3 kids pass out from the same shot... thats strange". If I wanted to, I could have made them do all sorts of tests on the tetnus stuff to make sure there wasnt anything wrong with it, which there probably was since nothing like that has ever happened to me. I got a concussion from hitting the floor so hard. Theres still a bump on my head in that spot and that happend 8 years ago.
That is one of the rare cases that I agree, should be investigated. If they didn't take care of you, didn't warn you, and didn't help you, you still need to contact the authorities about that one... it sounds like an unsafe operation. It at least needs to be investiagted... if you feel you have a reason to sue... do it in a resonable manner... you dont need $250,000 because you have a bump on your head.

-----Nate

Some twenty years ago my Dad's secretary (when he HAD a secretary, LOL) was home with her husband. About 3AM a burglar broke into their home, started stealing ****, and her husband shot the guy in the leg to disable him until the police arrived.

Not only was the burglar arrested but so was her husband. The burglar got 6 months in Jail and a $5,000 fine.

Her husband got 35 years in jail, $30,000 fine, and they were ordered to pay restitution to the burglar for $500,000 for permanentaly disabling him. He is still in jail and she went bankrupt and lost EVERYTHING because of it.

The police said if he would have shot and killed the burglar he would have been scott free. But because he let him live his life was completely ruined.

Sometimes society really pisses me off.:mad:

... with liberty and injustice for all ...

Originally posted by nweibley
... with liberty and injustice for all ...

Sad isn't it? :(

Quite very... and I'm afraid it isn't getting any better. The things our kids are gonna have to deal with. Lets just hope one thing laywers don't touch is our freedom to hit the trails, although I wouldn't put it past the fanatical envriomentalists to accuse all 4x4ers of being the demise of the forests... just like they want to ban SUVs. Isn't it some kinda fact that only 5% of pollution comes from cars, or mabey it's SUVs or something... but anyways, they just need to wakeup and smell the coffe.
God made dirt and dirt don't hurt. --- Don't ask me how that fits in... it doesn't, I just saw it an liked it.

-----Nate

This is exactly the problem I keep saying we have in this country: NO RESPONSIBILITY. Why take responsibility for your actions when you can blame/sue someone else? For example:

- the McDonald's coffee case. The woman is so friggin stupid that she drives around with hot coffeee in her lap but blames McDonald's. Yeah, OK.

- the tobacco company lawsuits. Let's see, I think I'll inhale this burning thing into my lungs about 40 times a day for 30 years and if I get cancer, it won't be my fault because I didn't know that breathing smoke might be bad for me. Let's forget the fact that there have been warning labels on cigarettes since the 70's.

- school shootings. You allow your kid to watch any movie he wants, listen to any music he wants, play any game he wants, dress any way he wants, smoke whatever he wants, drink whatever he wants, pop any pills he wants, and when he goes and shoots up a school, you blame movies/tv/computer games/etc. instead of taking responsibility for the way you raised your child. MMM HMM.

So you see, responsibility for our own actions went out the window a looooong time ago. I just have to wonder what kinds of morons are on these juries that award people these judgements; 28 BILLION for a smoker (was recently lowered to 28 million, but STILL)?

The root of the problem is the trail lawyers. There are to many into many positions or responcibility. If lawers are so benificial why is it necessary for them to take so much money from the victims. As long as courts allow frivilous law suits the lawers will keep sueing.
What is the difference between between a laywer and a catfish? One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other is a fish!

Dont worry to much its not just in the USA tha this is happening its the same in Australia.

there was a case went to court this week where some fool was at the beach he ran & dived into the surf &hit his head on a sandbar &became a quaadraplegic(poor bugger) then he sues the local council for not putting up a sign to warn him
VERDICT $5 million payout this is the third one of these all with similar payouts

a woman tripped & fell on a footpath (broken wrist)
$200,000

we already have the warning signs on the car ads but the bleeding heart do gooders want to ban that type of ad anyway

a few months ago we watched a video in a meeting at work. it was a commentary by the CEO of Cooper Tire. he quoted a few figures dealing with lawsuits, and one stuck in my head PERMENANTLY.
the number of lawsuits in the United States has risen 1000% in the last twenty years
if that hasnt soaken in yet, let me re-state it. 1000% in the last 20 years...

I like how in the new explorer commercials, where the red one is driving in the clouds, in small white print at the bottom of the screen it says 'dramatization'.

Heh, thanks guys!:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Times like this

Its times like this with all the stupid people out there that I remember one thing.

Think how stupid the average person is - then remember half of them are stupider than that.

Back